LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well umm.......I did actually think GA had a chance this time since many of our heavy hitters were not there. However we won again...... :)

Avg. FL time was 12.48 vs. Avg GA time of 13.26

GA does have some strong runners and some newer ones that are up and coming. Xcaliber's car will be even stronger once he gets more seat time, I really enjoyed driving it for a pass. Padre was a strong runner as usual. David ran strong for having the wrong tranny... ;)

Bring on GA vs FL V.......Coming in the fall

Hope everyone had an awesome time and it held true to the Launchfest

·
12sec club
356 Posts
I know I though maybe we had a chance since some of us have doing mods this year, but I guess FL was to. LOL

·
12sec club
356 Posts
I couldn't break 13.1 in my car this year and last year I ran 13.1 pretty much stock. Its ok I had a driver MOD for once pass and he got me 12.7. Thanks DOC.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Launch fest it was! I never waited more then 5 mins to stage up. They were really cycling thru the cars fast.

Congrats Florida...you guys brought plenty of horse power yet again. :thumbs:

·
12sec club
356 Posts
I went 22 times!

·
21,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Chillin N Da Boro
201 Posts
I would like to tip my hat to FL and say congrats to DOC. Job well done by all who were involved; friendly crowd, good food, all of my expectations as a first timer(racing too) were met. I just feel bad that my best time of 14.3, 2.1 60' (stock 04m6-still has factory paper air filter) problably brought the GA ave. time way up.
I was GA82

·
The Psycho 10 sec. Goat
1,968 Posts
I would like to tip my hat to FL and say congrats to DOC. Job well done by all who were involved; friendly crowd, good food, all of my expectations as a first timer(racing too) were met. I just feel bad that my best time of 14.3, 2.1 60' (stock 04m6-still has factory paper air filter) problably brought the GA ave. time way up.
I was GA82
Hey, you know what is most important is that you go and have fun. I think we all did and therefore we all WON.

We all owe Jason and his crew a big big THANK YOU for all the work they put into this. Very much appreciated.

·
21,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was GA82
yeah man as long as you had fun....thats all that matters, honestly who cares who won.....I just enjoy the company

·
12sec club
356 Posts
thats awesome, I did about 20 runs back at GA vs FL II

its fun that way
Oh I had a blast still wanted to make 12.5 but 12.7 I'm happy with. I just need practice. But it was awesome.

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
woot woot........great time great even......

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
I would also like to thank Dblue and 6SpdGTO along with the rest of the crew that contributed to making this event happen.

Thanks to all the sponsors that added all the goodies to this event. Thank you Vengeance for the Free Tranny R&R...I'll give to a call about this, and TriStar for their coupons. I guess I may have to consider nitrous now.

Doc GTO, I appreciate your instruction and time at the track, I never thought I could launch my car at 5K +. Oh yea, and thanks for that 12.4 you pulled for me. What's up with the G-String??? LOL

I was able to get 12 passes in, and gave up, as 2nd gear was hit and miss after the break. Seems that I tore up the 2nd gear synchro or something along those lines prior to lunch.

It was great meeting new people again, I really enjoyed everyones company. Not sure if any of you guys heard, but Joey (LittleManBigGOAT) hurt himself bad yesterday night trying to mess around with something and he ended up driving home at 4am due to the pain he was in. I heard back from his wife and she said he messed p his heal really bad and needs to get operated on.

BJ.... where the hell are those pics?? Something about Joey riding a pig or farm animals.

·
See what had happened was....
414 Posts
Jason thank you I had a great time! This was my first GA vs FL and it was everthing I expected and more! lol :secret:

·
N652GD
2,308 Posts
BJ... where the hell are those pics?? Something about Joey riding a pig or farm animals.
Trust me dude, you don't even want to know the full story.......BTW, monaro has the pics that BJ took with his (monaro's) camera.

·
N652GD
2,308 Posts
GA does have some strong runners and some newer ones that are up and coming. Xcaliber's car will be even stronger once he gets more seat time, I really enjoyed driving it for a pass.
Glad you enjoyed the ride Jason. Again, thanks for a great event......looking forward to the fall event already.

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
Trust me dude, you don't even want to know the full story.......BTW, monaro has the pics that BJ took with his (monaro's) camera.
hmmm... do tell... I remember him pissing in the turtle lake... then screwing around on the Boat... after that I called it a night.

John... time to post up party pics.

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
1,142 Posts
hmmm... do tell... I remember him pissing in the turtle lake... then screwing around on the Boat... after that I called it a night.

John... time to post up party pics.
Yeah you want to see them, but Joey had a very bad dismount and actually fractured his heal! I believe that He is having surgery on it today or Monday. Perfect example why Cows, Pigs, Ducks, Cars, Beer and a Camera dont mix! Not always in that order either!

I am sorry Joey! I feel bad, I didnt even know that you jumed off till I saw you on the ground!

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Perfect example why Cows, Pigs, Ducks, Cars, Beer and a Camera dont mix! Not always in that order either!

I am sorry Joey! I feel bad, I didnt even know that you jumed off till I saw you on the ground!
And one short fat guy. :wiggle:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts