LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello boys and girls!

I hope you have not forgotten us. We've been a vendor here for quite a long time but since we didn't do anything new for GTOs I didn't want to bother you too much with irrelevant posting ;)

But now I think I have something you might be interested in: Some time ago we started a new propduct line - flat-bottom steering wheels - and I wanted to ask you: is this something you might be interested for GTOs?

Please see a few examples of what we have recently done:

I realize of course those are all 3-spoke steering wheel thus not very similar to what you guys have in your Goats so here's what we did with a 4-spoke Corvette C5 steering wheel for reference:

What do you think? Would you be interested in something similar for GTOs? Retail price will be around $695 but we are definitely willing to offer you a nice GroupBuy discount!

As all our products it will be available in all the colors and options we normally offer so you can customize it virtually any way you want :)

So, who's first? Well, actually second as we are already working on a flat bottom wheel for one of you. Results soon :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
May I quote you on that?
22,049 Posts
My junk appreciates the extra room.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Our steering wheels in these cars are still way to big. Need to cut the diameter down and then make the flat bottom.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I like it quite a lot. How much would a service like this cost?

·
05 Looks, 04 Slow
1,174 Posts
I'm in (pending price, hopefully a group buy!?). I was planning to send mine in for thumb grips and a rewrap, as its quite beat up. A flat bottom adds leg room for tall guys like me!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Our steering wheels in these cars are still way to big. Need to cut the diameter down
It's not as easy as it sounds, unfortunately :( We're discussing it with our steering wheels fabricator but it's going to take some time and effort until we have a prototype ready. It's not going to be cheap either...

I like it quite a lot. How much would a service like this cost?
The price will be $595 shipped but I can provide a great deal on the first 10 wheels. Like $50 discount and another $50 as a REFUND upon forums/ facebook / instagram referrals with good quality photos of the wheel installed in your cars and links to our website How does this sound?

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, guys, here it is - our first flat bottom steering wheel for GTO completed with thumbgrips, padding, side profiles and wrapped in black Nappa leather with Cobalt Blue Alcantara stripe :)

What do you think? The shape of thumbgrips can be modified of course. We can even skip them if you like - same with padding.

So anytime you're interested on one for you, visit our Flat Bottom GTO page to order yours. And remember to message me to get your own DISCOUNT CODE as we're selling the first 10 wheels with 10% DISCOUNT!

Meet me at RedlineGoods.com and Take Pride In Your Ride!

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
That looks fantastic!! And to me the proportions for the thumb grips are spot on and are very close to the Holden/HSV thumb grips. My question is how much!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
nice

look fantastic

·
Registered
59 Posts
Man I want one

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hello again guys

After hearing some of the feedback on our flat bottom steering wheels we spent lots of time with our designers and here's the outcome: redesigned flat bottom steering wheel with more aggressively styled flat bottom part:

What do you think? Is this something you've always wanted or maybe we should stick to the previous version? It is of course just a bare core modified and waiting to be wrapped in leather but I believe you see the difference :)

Or maybe you have another idea on how this should be done? Please let us hear your thoughts :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm loving it.. would like to see a review or two by actual owners but assuming they're positive I'll be getting one.

And I believe there is a slight difference between how the the '04 and the '05-'06 wheels mount, will yours work with both?

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I'm loving it.. would like to see a review or two by actual owners but assuming they're positive I'll be getting one.

And I believe there is a slight difference between how the the '04 and the '05-'06 wheels mount, will yours work with both?
The clock spring is different for each year. The 05 and 06 have a smaller hole for that plug, but as far as the mounting is concerned, I can’t see any other differences.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts