LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'd love to work on Monte steering wheel with you :) I love Gbody and have always dreamed of GNX :)

Please let me know what you want done for both cars and I'll gladly come up with a nice package deal for you :)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks nice, also would like a little smaller diameter and some feedback from others that have done the conversion.

·
Need To Drive More
1,457 Posts
Finally installed. Added new silver spokes and '06 lighted controls.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
+1 on the great look. Quick question though, what does the piece directly above the Pontiac emblem with the 7 LEDs do? I can't even begin to guess.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks good, very good.
How much room between the 2 air bags? I believe there are 2 bags inside oem wheel.

·
Need To Drive More
1,457 Posts
7 LED's are from the shift light. Installed before the VZMod was available, although have the factory shift light and chime enabled.

Don't think there are two air bags. Only item I noticed is attached to the horn button ie front cover with the Pontiac symbol. Behind it is the clock spring that has a single plug in for the air bag.

Install was so so. The two plastic halves over the column are a pain to remove. Didn't want to break them so it did take me awhile. Removing the air bag is wonky using two flat blade screwdrivers while pulling up. Wheel is attached with one 30mm bolt. Retorque to 33 lbs tq. Clock spring connected with three T-10 bolts. There are two small brass inserts in the holes.

Past that pretty cool wheel. Thanks RedLine Goods.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts