LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Lonnies has a double pump kit. Fuel system is not a place to cheap out on a 1000 rwhp setup on ethanol. Another option is the Nasty performance fuel cell with magnafuel pump and his line/rails kit to complete the system minus injectors. You're looking at $2500 to $3000 for a complete system with either of those options including injectors. A cheaper option I wouldn't recommend is an auxiliary type system like the one UPP offers, but it's another option.

The cheapest way I found to do it was to use the factory tank with a bung and external pump. Run a new feed line and have the regulator after the rails with the factory feed as a return. Here is how I did mine simple and effective. Never worry about a second pump failing to activate. You would need the flex fuel sensor in the system as well though since I'm running straight E I don't need it.

·
Underway
725 Posts
Lonnies has a double pump kit. Fuel system is not a place to cheap out on a 1000 rwhp setup on ethanol. Another option is the Nasty performance fuel cell with magnafuel pump and his line/rails kit to complete the system minus injectors. You're looking at $2500 to $3000 for a complete system with either of those options including injectors. A cheaper option I wouldn't recommend is an auxiliary type system like the one UPP offers, but it's another option.

The cheapest way I found to do it was to use the factory tank with a bung and external pump. Run a new feed line and have the regulator after the rails with the factory feed as a return. Here is how I did mine simple and effective. Never worry about a second pump failing to activate. You would need the flex fuel sensor in the system as well though since I'm running straight E I don't need it.
I like the dual relay setup, but my OCD wouldn't allow them to be upside-down...
:gears:

·
Registered
444 Posts
Thanks I'll look into a Lonnies kit.
Just keep in mind his systems are rated for gasoline. So his double pumper kit rated for 1000 rwhp on gasoline will not be enough for 1000 rwhp on Ethanol. He may offer different pumps or you may have to go to the triple pumper he offers which goes to 1500 rwhp on gasoline.

For example my Magnafuel 4303 pump is rated for 2000 horse on pump gas at carb pressures, but on Ethanol at efi pressure some make it to 1000 rwhp and some reach it's limits on the 900ish rwhp range.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just keep in mind his systems are rated for gasoline. So his double pumper kit rated for 1000 rwhp on gasoline will not be enough for 1000 rwhp on Ethanol. He may offer different pumps or you may have to go to the triple pumper he offers which goes to 1500 rwhp on gasoline.

For example my Magnafuel 4303 pump is rated for 2000 horse on pump gas at carb pressures, but on Ethanol at efi pressure some make it to 1000 rwhp and some reach it's limits on the 900ish rwhp range.
Ok thanks!

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In discussions with Mike at Proxes,he says he can do a twin DW400 return style system so I'm probably gonna go with it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
In discussions with Mike at Proxes,he says he can do a twin DW400 return style system so I'm probably gonna go with it.
He makes good stuff if he actually comes through...
https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829938&highlight=proxes

I really like the DW stuff also. I have a dw300 drop in pump in my tank that I used until it wasn't enough. It's still there, but I'm not using it because the single 4303 provides what I need for now and it's simpler with a single pump. I'm still using DW injectors. I like to run lower than stock base fuel pressure at 43.5 instead of the usual 58. I do my own tuning so good injector data is a plus. DW tested my injectors and provided me with all the data I needed to plug into hptuners for the 43.5 psi. That was huge for me since the GM data everyone provides is for 58 psi. DW is good stuff and great customer service.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829938&highlight=proxes

I really like the DW stuff also. I have a dw300 drop in pump in my tank that I used until it wasn't enough. It's still there, but I'm not using it because the single 4303 provides what I need for now and it's simpler with a single pump. I'm still using DW injectors. I like to run lower than stock base fuel pressure at 43.5 instead of the usual 58. I do my own tuning so good injector data is a plus. DW tested my injectors and provided me with all the data I needed to plug into hptuners for the 43.5 psi. That was huge for me since the GM data everyone provides is for 58 psi. DW is good stuff and great customer service.
I haven't heard back from him since our last conversation. I've emailed him a couple times since,but he is yet to respond.

I'm hoping it works out.

·
Registered
4 Posts

What bung fitting did you use for the tank? That's a nice simple set up.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Technically it's called a bulkhead fitting, but I have a habit of calling them bungs.

I like Fragola and Magnafuel fittings when ever possible. That bulkhead is a -10 an Fragola bulkhead with Teflon washers.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bought a bucket assembly off Ebay and had it shipped to Proxses. Doing a double DW400 pump setup and harness. He says it will be a custom one off setup.

·
Registered
770 Posts

Simply dropping in what ever pumps you want works. Can even combine them and have a single feed. Too cheap to buy the adapter myself but wouldn't mind doing it again.
A pair of e rated aem320's with one on a hobb obviously.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Simply dropping in what ever pumps you want works. Can even combine them and have a single feed. Too cheap to buy the adapter myself but wouldn't mind doing it again.
A pair of e rated aem320's with one on a hobb obviously.
Nice! How much power are those pumps good for?

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
With the voltage and pressure I run, 900. But I only have Id1000's anyway.
Id do an external pump or drop in some 450's if I needed 1k+ power.
I was wondering what injectors I'll need. I was recommended to do 1300cc,but may go the 1000cc route myself.

I'll probably go with FIC injectors though.

·
Registered
2 Posts

How far did the drop in DW300 get you before you had switch to the external/return system?

·
Registered
219 Posts

I 2nd this method. I know this thread is a bit old but I would suggest you get rid of the bulkhead and washers and have a steel bulkhead welded in place. If your bulkhead leaks it will start to fill the fuel cover and then leak out the access hole under the car where the stock fuel line is routed right onto your exhaust pipe. I found this out through experience but luckily it was in the middle of my build and not on the road.
Screenshot_2020-01-23-13-39-34.png
My fuel tank.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts