LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few of us who are registered for the Shootout have discussed caravaning up to Darlington together. Preliminary plans are to head out early Friday morning, getting up to Darlington that evening. After the fun and festivities on Saturday, both at the track and afterwards :drink: :popcorn2:, we'd be heading back on Sunday morning. I know Doc is planning on staying over Sunday night in Savannah and making a long weekend out of the trip. Others will most likely plan on being back home Sunday.

So far I believe the following are in on the caravan idea:

JoeyD
Doc GTO
Pirate

If any of the other Florida herd who are signed up want to join in, post up and we'll get the details together. :attachment:

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
I would be in for this, If I can get off of work Fri. And maybe a few other sav goats.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^ That would be great. The more the merrier. Let us know by posting back up here.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yyeeeepppp!!!!!
Are you even registered for this??? I might be blind, but don't think I saw your name on the list. Sure hope you can make it though. Whatdaya say???

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm havin a brain fart today joey, lol!!! meant to put that in another post! :doh:
And to think you're soooo young......LOL Why not send in your payment to T-bone and join us.

And what about Larry? Mick, any chance of having your car back up and running by then?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
I would be in for this, If I can get off of work Fri. And maybe a few other sav goats.
^^ That would be great. The more the merrier. Let us know by posting back up here.
My plan was to stop in Savannah at the 204 exit for fuel and lunch. It is about as 1/2 way as you get for us Florida boys.

JoeyD, myself, and 2004Humbler are reserved at the Fairfield Inn & Suites which is the closest hotel to the track. They are the nicer of the choices and have free highspeed internet.

Also, if anyone wants to use my better halfs travel agent website she can get the Fairfield rooms for as little as $71/night for 1-2 guests and $89/night for 3 (cot or pullout). Het site will pull up all the hotels in the area but since I got the Fairfield I can only quote those rates. Her site is:

http://ytbtravel.com/rouellon

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
My plan was to stop in Savannah at the 204 exit for fuel and lunch. It is about as 1/2 way as you get for us Florida boys.

JoeyD, myself, and 2004Humbler are reserved at the Fairfield Inn & Suites which is the closest hotel to the track. They are the nicer of the choices and have free highspeed internet.

Also, if anyone wants to use my better halfs travel agent website she can get the Fairfield rooms for as little as $71/night for 1-2 guests and $89/night for 3 (cot or pullout). Het site will pull up all the hotels in the area but since I got the Fairfield I can only quote those rates. Her site is:

Thanks Doc!

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spoke with simpleGTO last night at the Bradenton GTG. He'll be joining in on the caravan. What about The Rock?

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Im going to take friday off and so is the gf so we can ride up with you guys. I should be booking the hotel this week sometime thanks Doc!
Brians goat said he should be able to make the caravan also.

·
keep it simple
2,098 Posts
Spoke with simpleGTO last night at the Bradenton GTG. He'll be joining in on the caravan. What about The Rock?
I am in on this one. I know with tow vehicles we will be under 100MPH most of the time. Some of the caravans tend to push the envelope just a bit.:eek:ldfogey:

·
keep it simple
2,098 Posts

Are we staying 2 nights? What are the return plans?

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
I plan on coming back Sunday also.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Im going to take friday off and so is the gf so we can ride up with you guys. I should be booking the hotel this week sometime thanks Doc!
Brians goat said he should be able to make the caravan also.
I'm hoping to make this caravan too!

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I plan on coming back Sunday also.
I'm hoping to make this caravan too!
Cool. Looking forward to both of you hooking up with us FL herd. Keep an eye out in this thread for updates. Probably also PM everyone as we get closer to leaving to exchange cell #s.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
If I could get my car together faster I would. It should be done at the body shop next week. Problem is I ordered my Diamond Pistons, yes custom, 11 weeks ago and they still aren't here. We were told they would arrive this Wed. So i am keeping my fingers crossed. If they arrive this week the motor will be back in the car by mid October.

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I could get my car together faster I would. It should be done at the body shop next week. Problem is I ordered my Diamond Pistons, yes custom, 11 weeks ago and they still aren't here. We were told they would arrive this Wed. So i am keeping my fingers crossed. If they arrive this week the motor will be back in the car by mid October.
Ahhh yesss...the old "hurry up and wait" part of automotive high-performance modifications :) 11 weeks for pistons is a bit longer than the norm. I had custom Wiesco pistons done and they took a little over 6 weeks.

Well if you do get the beast back together, hope you'll tag along for the ride up. Should be a good time :turbonaug

1 - 20 of 84 Posts