LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ETTX700284 is the rail car bringing my baby. Its probably got everyone else in tampa, florida with early tpw's as well. Hopefully everyone else in florida is also starting to move.

It has just left fairfax at 12:34 central time (about 16 minutes ago) and will be changed over to a CSX loco at St Louis.

From there the car comes into north tampa.

CSX's customer contact number is 1-877-752-2706

Digging for their tracking site now.

·
Depreciation Victim
122 Posts
How long did your car sit in Fairfax?
How did you find out it would be routed thru Tampa?

My car is going to Cocoa Beach, but wont be off the train TO Fairfax until 1/14. Just trying to figure out what route it will take. I assumed that it would be trucked in from Jacksonville.

·
Registered
429 Posts
TIGGERFAN You will get yours before me my # ETTX905651 ITS STILL ON THE WAY TO FAIRFAX KC THEN AND HOW LONG TO DAYTONA WHO KNOWS//

·
Registered
294 Posts
Have any of you guys called the UP railroad more than once? I called the other day and was told my car had just been unloaded....but wighout HD926, I was thinking of calling back to see if it had been trucked away yet.

·
Registered
429 Posts
tiggerfan it may have been there??. but where was it prior to thatand how long ????as for my car it was at up/s yard in cali a day question is where was it prior to that wich was the 5th of jan all the way back to 11/15 when the first ship landed thats what iam trying to figure out if my car was built on 9/15/03 landed in cali on first ship 11/15/03 but from then to jan/5/04 where was it ???? ok for some reason it came on a later ship even though some built later have already been to fairfax and mine caught the second boat why did it miss the first boat it was built along with yours on 9/15/03 i think because we are so far east we get to wait untill enough are gathered up then they get shipped and thats not right///

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
:slap: Yes you can trace the cars.They have a phone trace line. The number is;1-800-235-2352. I found it on their site earlier. :sneaky:

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
Congrads Tiggerfan on having your GTO ship finally.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Superwildcat said:
:slap: Yes you can trace the cars.They have a phone trace line. The number is;1-800-235-2352. I found it on their site earlier. :sneaky:
The number I listed above is their auto division and was the number I was given from UP. I'm going to wait until I see that the car has been handed over to CSX and then I'll give em a call.

·
Nothing
53 Posts
Yeah, I was told that my car would be in Florida on the 9th. My dealer said that once it arrived, he would label it "hot" and then it would be 1-2 days before he would actually receive it. Hopefully that means I will have it by Tuesday or Wednesday! :p

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tterbo said:
Yeah, I was told that my car would be in Florida on the 9th. My dealer said that once it arrived, he would label it "hot" and then it would be 1-2 days before he would actually receive it. Hopefully that means I will have it by Tuesday or Wednesday! :p
We'll if you and I are on the same train car, it won't be in Florida on the 9th.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My car is now at valley junction illinois, across the river from St. Louis. It hasn't been picked up by CSX equipment, but CSX has taken the handoff and has it in their tracking system.

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Superwildcat said:
:cool: TIGGERFAN, Are you able to track it on their site yet? :confused:
not on their site but at 1-800-235-2352 I can track it. Call that number and hit in order

132818192#700284##

And it pops up as being delivered from UP, with not ETI or ETA info. (and yes all of that is now in my speed dial)

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
THANKS! :sneaky: OK, I see what the 700284 is but what are the other series of numbers? Is this prefix number the same for all rail cars or do I need to contact someone to get my prefix number? :confused: :confused:

·
DOG
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Superwildcat said:
THANKS! :sneaky: OK, I see what the 700284 is but what are the other series of numbers? Is this prefix number the same for all rail cars or do I need to contact someone to get my prefix number? :confused: :confused:
The other numbers are
option #1 (tracker)
32 (E)
81 (T)
81 (T)
92 (X)

in their phone system.

·
HOTROD HANDYMAN
434 Posts
Now I see how it works, Thanks for the info! All I knew before was the number to call. I didn't know how to or try because I didn't have a new rail car number yet. My car is supposed to be unloaded by 1/13 and then reloaded soon after that. :cool: :cool:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts