LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Creator of the Pizza Doctrine
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall, well since we never decided on a name for the Florida Goaters, I decided to whip something up in hopes of getting some real attention and things back in focus, now I took one of the suggested unoffical names and with a help from a buddy whipped up a couple logos we could sport. None of this is final but I would like some opinions on these. I'll whip up some more later.

Also JoeyD, if you wanna use something like this at the Bradenton event let me know.

Now I have rights to the picture of the goat that my friend help draw for me for very limited purposes, he still has the rights to distribute them, if we want full rights he wants to be compensated for it, once we finalize something and yall want us to have full rights, we can all chip in and purchase it from him. Just let me know.

-Long

·
GTO = Pontiac shenanigans
3,689 Posts
First one looks good. But personally (not a slam or stirring up stuff) why should we compensate your friend for rights when we can do one up ourselves for free? Or slightly modify the image that is here (which is legal). Once again not a slam but a thought.:pimp:

·
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
06-LS2-GTO said:
First one looks good. But personally (not a slam or stirring up stuff) why should we compensate your friend for rights when we can do one up ourselves for free? Or slightly modify the image that is here (which is legal). Once again not a slam but a thought.:pimp:
Because he went out of his way when I asked him to help me for one, and then when you 'slightly modify' an image like that, it's still stealing.

How would you feel if someone asked you to do something, you help them and then they take it and claim it as their own? Think about it.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I like the first on for the back of a shirt and the 2nd one for the front up like where a pocket would be... but no pockets of course!

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
TrakDay said:
I like the first on for the back of a shirt and the 2nd one for the front up like where a pocket would be... but no pockets of course!

+1 ....

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
As long as we don't have to pay much I would be willing to chip in to buy the rights from him. Spyral here in Jax does top top top notch work and I think it would be nice if we bought the rights and had him make the shirts!

Are we thinking like $5 a person to buy the rights? Because if so I think most will be willing to pay that. Much more than that and we will probably come up with our own design.

·
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TrakDay said:
Are we thinking like $5 a person to buy the rights? Because if so I think most will be willing to pay that. Much more than that and we will probably come up with our own design.
$5 bucks is about what I was thinking, I might just spot the rest for my own, there's a certain price he's asking but I'm not going to tell just yet, we gotta decide what direction we wanna go with before we decide on anything and people bitch about money and all that jazz, it's not even up for 5 mins and we already got one whiner :p

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
AlphaEden said:
$5 bucks is about what I was thinking, I might just spot the rest for my own, there's a certain price he's asking but I'm not going to tell just yet, we gotta decide what direction we wanna go with before we decide on anything and people bitch about money and all that jazz, it's not even up for 5 mins and we already got one whiner :p
bah... just ignore spyral... LOL

I think we have a good start and I also think the Florida Goat Herd sounds better than everything else we previously came up with. Who cares if other areas use a similar name... I certainly don't.

·
3,689 Posts
AlphaEden said:
Because he went out of his way when I asked him to help me for one, and then when you 'slightly modify' an image like that, it's still stealing.

How would you feel if someone asked you to do something, you help them and then they take it and claim it as their own? Think about it.

As I said I'm not stirring the pot, and I agree with you to an extent but if you look closely at the second image uhhh isn't that a slightly modified GM image? :confused: I guess it is a matter just as TrackDay said how much to buy the rights 5 bucks per person well heck if just 100 people is 500 bucks that's pretty high (JMHO). And I am sure we would get a lot more then that.

·
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
06-LS2-GTO said:
As I said I'm not stirring the pot, and I agree with you to an extent but if you look closely at the second image uhhh isn't that a slightly modified GM image? :confused: I guess it is a matter just as TrackDay said how much to buy the rights 5 bucks per person well heck if just 100 people is 500 bucks that's pretty high (JMHO). And I am sure we would get a lot more then that.
It's not that high, and I doubt 100 people would even step out to put in that much

also the GTO badge is a coporate design that's existed for a very long time now, this drawing was done on a favor, there's a bit of a difference but not a strong argument for my case, and honestly that second logo I threw in there just for the heck of it

And I honestly didn't design any of these things to make any money, this was just something for the Florida guys to represent themselves with.

·
3,689 Posts
AlphaEden said:
It's not that high, and I doubt 100 people would even step out to put in that much

Don't underestimate it I do like that first image for a tee like Hardcore mentioned (heck I would be first in for one). And with the VERY limited supply of GTO gear (until Spyral came here) I don't see an issue with high numbers. Looks good.

·
4,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
06-LS2-GTO said:
Don't underestimate it I do like that first image for a tee like Hardcore mentioned (heck I would be first in for one). And with the VERY limited supply of GTO gear (until Spyral came here) I don't see an issue with high numbers. Looks good.
Yea but you gotta remember, this is targeted for just the Florida guys.

·
3,689 Posts
AlphaEden said:
Yea but you gotta remember, this is targeted for just the Florida guys.

True.

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
I would probably buy 2 or 3 shirts myself. one in white... one in black... one in red.

Depending on the price of course.

·
I break stuff!!!
2,620 Posts
I likem both, but thats just me.

·
Its fast and fun.
892 Posts
DarkSilva said:
I think you and your friend have done a wonderful job in creating these graphics (top one being my fave). I'd love to see what else you come up with next...thanks for your effort. :)

I'm also willing to pay whatever reasonable price that it happens to be for the rights.
+1 and I like both designs so far. $5 is low per person. I have been in graphic design since 1997 and I can tell you that some would charge $500-$1,000 depending on what time and effort goes into the logo. I think its great that he is helping us get a name for our Goats here in FL.

·
Let's race, punk.
11,460 Posts
DarkSilva said:
I think you and your friend have done a wonderful job in creating these graphics (top one being my fave). I'd love to see what else you come up with next...thanks for your effort. :)

I'm also willing to pay whatever reasonable price that it happens to be for the rights.
You coming Sunday?????????

Long, I like the 1st one

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.