LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Look good. Sucks about the damage. I have mixed feelings about that. 1) if you didn’t buy the stuff from them, they are going to lose money. Don’t expect them to mount tires for you again either. 2) it does suck there’s a scratch, I think if it were me, I’d just live with it and touch it up and buy another wheel later.

It’s hard to make them eat it in my opinion. That’s what makes wheel and tire pls Ed turn down people wanting stuff done that didn’t but the stuff there. Maybe ride by there, let them see it and ask for have the money back you paint to have them done. Then have it professionally repaired. We have a guy that come to our dealership that fixes rims to look like new.
It's just frustrating to spend $1000 on a set of brand new wheels for them to immediately become damaged. My family and I have taken our business to them before and have bought tires from them on multiple occasions.

I'm not the type of person to ask for my money back. If I get served the wrong thing at a restaurant or it's over/undercooked, etc., I keep quiet and eat it anyway. But for something that was 100% undamaged, I feel like I deserve some sort of compensation.

if you seek no damage during install, you absolutely must find a location which has the "touchless" machines. Touchless in this case means metal never touches wheel. without this, it varies but there is simply no way that hard steel will not contact paint or aluminum, and that means damage to wheel. degree is dependent upon skill and care of installer.

Discussion starter · #23 ·
if you seek no damage during install, you absolutely must find a location which has the "touchless" machines. Touchless in this case means metal never touches wheel. without this, it varies but there is simply no way that hard steel will not contact paint or aluminum, and that means damage to wheel. degree is dependent upon skill and care of installer.
Fair enough, thanks for the info. Hoping to get to discount today to see what their thoughts are, I'm not looking forward to it.

It's just frustrating to spend $1000 on a set of brand new wheels for them to immediately become damaged. My family and I have taken our business to them before and have bought tires from them on multiple occasions.

I'm not the type of person to ask for my money back. If I get served the wrong thing at a restaurant or it's over/undercooked, etc., I keep quiet and eat it anyway. But for something that was 100% undamaged, I feel like I deserve some sort of compensation.

I understand. I'd tell them about it, but wouldnt make a big deal about it. After all, you said youve used them alot. Expect yourself to be cutoff after if you make a big deal about it. They wont chance it again. So while it sucks either way, consider what outcome you'd rather. I still would respectfully mention it and show them. Dont ask for anything, see what they offer you. They may offer to buy you a new wheel. Depends on how you approach it. If they do offer that, I would tell them that you are having a hard time with having them buy you a new wheel. But most importantly, make sure you express gratefulness. Now if they dont offer anything, you make want to rethink doing business with them again. Thats how I would handle it.

I went and fixed all my typos. Geez, I need to slow down...lol

OP added this right on time, I was on the hunt for some black rims for my 04 Pulse Red. After reading this thread I took the plunge and bought the black tint F2s. Here it is back from the shop, I think the look good with the rest of the mods. Thanks to all who joined in and showed off their rides to help me decide, so far no rub and clearance seems fine.

Attachments

OP added this right on time, I was on the hunt for some black rims for my 04 Pulse Red. After reading this thread I took the plunge and bought the black tint F2s. Here it is back from the shop, I think the look good with the rest of the mods. Thanks to all who joined in and showed off their rides to help me decide, so far no rub and clearance seems fine.
Hello fellow pulse red owner! Seems like pulse red is pretty rare. Here’s mine on flow one race spec f1 18x9 and 18x9

Hopefully you won’t have any issues but your sagging springs may still cause you issues since they will allow the car to squat more than the springs should. Look forward to seeing the pictures.
This is one of the main reasons I did mine rears first - It liked to go 'nose up' on harder launches. Very happy with my stock height Lovells.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Looks good! What wheel and rim sizes are you running? Are your fenders rolled or cut?

Discussion starter · #30 ·
This is one of the main reasons I did mine rears first - It liked to go 'nose up' on harder launches. Very happy with my stock height Lovells.
I cut my fenders to stop the rubbing but would like to go with some Lovells or Pedders stock height or 20 mm drop. There is a little wheel hop every now and then.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.