LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I was just had a question for those of you that had Flowmaster 40's put on your 05/06. What size did you go with, and were they center in/offset out? I am looking at buying some and just want to make sure I get the right ones. Thanks in advance!!

·
IKSWHTASOL
2,223 Posts
There have been posts here where guys have used many different combinations. A good exhaust tech seems to be able to make almost anything fit. If you want the mufflers mounted vertically (ie: flat sides at 9 & 3 o'clock), the offset inlet/outlet seems to be the best choice.

I wanted mine mounted with the flat sides at top and bottom, so my exhaust installer used centered inlet/outlet with 3" ID. He bent connecting pipes and necked them down to match the stock pipes. Sounds great and has zero rattles after 13,000 miles since installation.

·
Christ Follower
415 Posts
go with the hushpower II. Much better performance gains, also much lighter and they do not get nearly as hot.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
The 952549 part number is as close to a direct replacement as you can get. They are the black Super 40 series mufflers....offset inlet/outlet

·
Negative DA's = SEG
312 Posts
05GTO6.0 said:
The 952549 part number is as close to a direct replacement as you can get. They are the black Super 40 series mufflers....offset inlet/outlet
This is the same setup I have on my 06. Don't forget to remove the resonator because
loud > quiet.:pir_flag:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts