LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m the original owner of an 06 M6 with 19000 miles. Due to family health issues it hasn’t seen much use the last 5 years. I have kept the oil changed somewhat regularly. Only other maintenance items I have changed are belts and batteries (until I put a switch on it). Any thoughts on other fluids that need changed? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but you might want to get new tires.

Also, depending on the environment in your garage, check for corrosion on brakes, and brake and feul lines.
Thanks, I was concerned about the coolant, but never considered the tires. I brought it from Ohio to Tennessee 5 years ago and it never saw winter there. It’s always been garaged with a California Car Cover. The garage here has an epoxy floor. I will check items you mentioned. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
36,149 Posts
I thought about coolant. Even though i am not sure if you should change it, i am sure the coolant will last much longer in an engine that hasn't been ran and with a sealed cooling system in good condition vs one that is constantly run and thus heat cycled, or one that leaks. Heating it and exposing it to air will degrade it much faster than if it sat in a sealed system.

In my red car, which doesn't get driven much, the coolant is still in very good condition even after years.

I do notice more corrosion developing on the side of the car that faces the farthest wall of the garage, which i assume is because of condensation due to temperature changes. I've decided to leave it parked closer to the inner wall to help combat that.

Tires get nasty flat spots and can go bad just from age. Especially things like drag radials.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts