LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at 23,000 miles so when I hit 30,000 miles I want to change out all the fluids.

Brake fluid
clutch fluid
tranny fluid
rear end fluid
axles- should I do this?
Coolant

What other fluids am i missing?

I want to use synthethic where applicable please provide brand and type recommendations. My 04 GTO is stock except for a K&N drop in filter.

I already did the break fluid and went with synthetic so I don't need help in that area, and the clutch fluid I know will be the same. I will change these fluids with the rest around 30,000 miles or a little sooner

Any help would be appreciated

·
Still a communist state
12,479 Posts
since when do axles have fluid? :sneaky: btw,ill be using redline fluids the next oil change i do plus alot of other stuff

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did not mean to say fluid. Isn't filled will some sort of lubricant or grease or something? I know a lot of truck guys and after they go wheelin at the beach or wherever they talk about services the axles. I thought I saw something about axle service in our manuel somewhere. If someone can give me a little insight that would be great. I don't want to miss anything so if there are other fluid changes I have not mentioned please ring in.

I am in no means a mechanic so I need some help with this. My fiance's father is a mechanic and helps me with the service, I just buy parts, etc, and then try to learn while he is doing it.

·
......................... ....
3,858 Posts
NJGTO said:
I am in no means a mechanic so I need some help with this. My fiance's father is a mechanic and helps me with the service, I just buy parts, etc, and then try to learn while he is doing it.

Best way to learn is to search the forum. There are many write ups on fluid changes and what folks used and their results. I used Royal Purple for the Diff and tranny.

You forgot engine oil, washer fluid, steering fluid, and blinker fluid. ;)

·
AKA CrabbyDaddy
251 Posts
You might consider changing your Power Steering fluid too (use same as tranny fluid). I use Redline and ATE fluids, just my preference.
Here is a link that I put together that may help, there is other stuff in it too, you can skip that stuff. Camber Kit, Brakes and Fluids

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I already changed my power steering fluid and brake fluid about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Be careful with the syn's. definitely not in the rear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts