LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to do my FM modulator for XM.

What are the correct antenna adapters.

I have read where you need a Metra 40-VW20 and a 40-VW53 and others that say use 2 of the 20 models

And others that say use a regular GM adapter.

So if you use one in your car what was really needed??

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone know the answer to this? I was hoping to stop and pick up the adapters later.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
well im not sure if this is correct, but the fm antenna cant pick up xm signal, you need the satalite antenna, that little bump on the roof.... and that would plug into the xm reciever, or are you talking about after you get the xm and trying to tie in the xm reciever into your stock head unit? that one, i dont know, but i didnt want to see you left high and dry on your question.

·
HSV GTO
762 Posts
the ones for the vw are the ones you need. Witch xm unit do you have. I have the xm commander it is awsome it fits in the cubby in front of the shifter
look factory. Hope this helps iyou are right the part numbers you have are the ones you need.

steve

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ski fi. I hooed it up yesterday but found my water in the passenger compartment that I have to look into today

·
Former Owner but Still Here
451 Posts
Well it's good that you have an inline modulator cause the new wirless Sirius I bought works like crap. I'm considering using my old inline modulator with it.

·
HSV GTO
762 Posts
silverbugeye where did you mount your skifi i have it from my gtp it is to big i could not find any place to put it so i got the commander instead i like it a lot.

Steve

·
Mr Fingers to you
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stil in the middle of mounting it. I have a old style cell phone tower that I think I am going to use. It will take up one of the cupholders but still look ok.

It doesnt look like it will get into my way there.

Still working on the water leak deal before I mount it for good;.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts