Mindless Poo Flinger
2,711 Posts
i would say no....you get what you pay for

Plus wouldn't you want a electronic boost controller

I'm on the sts route also

·
Registered
385 Posts
ive heard that those cheap ebay fmic's actually work pretty good..i wouldnt trust the other shit tho...

·
Turbo Whistle? She's Stock:)
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What are the dimensions of the STS intercooler anyway?

·
Chronic Strut Rubber
939 Posts
There has to be an alternative out there that isnt as costly as the $1000 STS intercooler. Whose got some ideas?

·
Born Again Goat
1,555 Posts
BlewbyU has offered his up for sale...pm him.

·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've PM him, and I'm affraid I'm on a tight budget, so I'm trying to avoid the costly $1,000 price tag.

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts

·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool, I would love to see how your going to fab the FMIC(ie hoses, piping, and mounting) This will be my first hand's on project which will be performed with the support of the local O-Town GOATs.

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
I would also get a wideband too. But some are not anal like me. But if anyone wants to go that way I found a hit on the dynojet commander wide band and this place has the cheapest price in the USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
DAE HAN MIN GOOK!!!
1,925 Posts
gordon (aussieGTO) is fabbing up a FMIC setup for his son nathan's car. it's not a GTO but i can't imagine a GTO being worse than a 240sx with a SR20-DET swap. i'm pretty sure he'll help ya out... and he's over in seminole county. shoot me a PM and i'll get in touch with him.

·
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
jonlee said:
gordon (aussieGTO) is fabbing up a FMIC setup for his son nathan's car. it's not a GTO but i can't imagine a GTO being worse than a 240sx with a SR20-DET swap. i'm pretty sure he'll help ya out... and he's over in seminole county. shoot me a PM and i'll get in touch with him.
Great If, I'm going to do this I need all The help I can get to make it as cheap but effective as possibe. Readhttp://www.ls2gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104308 for details

I'm straped for cash but too ignorant to quit at the moment:drink:

Also in relation to the original post, the BOV is an HKS SSQV and retails for $289http://www.jscspeed.com/wrx/bov/hks_bovk.htm and the Boost Controllers go for $115.
But the real question is If I were to risk buying it can they be mounted on the STS kit itself, in place of the original kit's upgrades.

·
Addicted to the go fast pedal
1,000 Posts
Well honestly here in va 757 area there are plenty of tuners (what most on this website would call ricers :rolleyes: ) who opt for ebay stuff.. I know of quite a few that have ordered FMIC's off ebay, including some that ordered turbo manifolds off there and they have nothing but good things to say about them..

1000 for FMIC is crazy.. I'd go ebay before that.. I mean I'd rather spend 100-200 first then 1000 right off the bat.. Besides if it doesn't work for ya.. flip and sell it back on ebay :turbonaug

·
Will the car ever run?
3,335 Posts
Dude I have got all my stuff off ebay for years and have never had a problem and I am about to order my boost controller off ebay :)

I even got my STS kit off ebay...

EBAY +1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts