LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the 05's are getting one. Has anyone seen what it looks like? Is it a sepereate piece? I want one if they sell them. i was think about making my own

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
MDC has made a nice one that he sells as a kit.

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
sxty8goats said:
MDC has made a nice one that he sells as a kit.
MDC?

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
Doh! mlc. He is a guy on the board. I just PM'd him and pointed him to this thread.

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
sxty8goats said:
Doh! mlc. He is a guy on the board. I just PM'd him and pointed him to this thread.
oh yeah.,.,.i pm'd him the other day, said he is no longer doing it, pedal is too hard to get??

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
That is a shame, it was a good little product he made. I have one on my counter waiting to go in when I have a free hour or two.

I would like to see him make/ produce and sell his T/C switch..

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
sxty8goats said:
That is a shame, it was a good little product he made. I have one on my counter waiting to go in when I have a free hour or two.

I would like to see him make/ produce and sell his T/C switch..
is it someplace smart? i'd really like a dead pedal...going to have to find another source... :secret:

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Maybe it's just my car but there is no room for a dead pedal really. If I stick my foot to the left of the clutch I rub against the clutch and the plastic on the left side... guess it could be those EEEs doing it heh.

·
Big Daddy Says
1,992 Posts
bengood24 said:
Maybe it's just my car but there is no room for a dead pedal really. If I stick my foot to the left of the clutch I rub against the clutch and the plastic on the left side... guess it could be those EEEs doing it heh.
you may be on to something there.... :burnout:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
GTO4Ever said:
is it someplace smart? i'd really like a dead pedal...going to have to find another source... :secret:
Nope, just sitting in the open where anyone could see it.. :cool:

·
Rear Seat Delete Builder
4,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have no fear. I took measurements today and will be making my own. I do camaro upholstry on the side so this should be an easy one. Ill keep ya updated.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think if they were to do a dead pedal kit, it would have to include some sort of mod to the clutch pedal, otherwise I think it would make the clutch hard to use. I'm with everyone who misses having that feature, I just don't see it being one of those easy mods for any of us.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
There's actually plenty of room to use the clutch after having a dead pedal installed. I haven't accidently touched the dead pedal once since installing mine. I have rubbed the clutch while resting my foot though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts