LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone is so up in arms about the GTO delays and lack of communication from GM, I will provide you with a sweet burnout video of the 03 Cobra. I probably would have already bought one if Ford had been smart enough to offer it with an automatic transmission (It is a requirement since I drive with hand controls).

http://members.ij.net/dsldave/03burnout.mpeg

Enjoy!

I'm still gettin' my GTO.:D

·
Registered
15 Posts
You know that's kinda funny. I think there's a lot of people out there thinking that way by now. By the way the burnt out was special till the shift to fourth, kinda spoiled the whole thing. Speaking of shifting to fourth does anyone know if the 100 ohm resistor is going to work for our 6 speed tranny. First to fourth is going to suck above 45 you know? :wall:

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
You might wanna post this thread on ls1.com or ls1tech.com or performanceyears.com. Seems to me that most people on this forum are pro 2004 GTO.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The car in that video was a pilot or as Ford calls then 4P. The driver got into a little trouble because of the video.

·
Registered
63 Posts
iron_horse31 said:
You might wanna post this thread on ls1.com or ls1tech.com or performanceyears.com. Seems to me that most people on this forum are pro 2004 GTO.
I sure wouldn't want this forum to become known as a place where if you’re not a 100% GTO fan you're expected to go somewhere else! You can learn from others even if their opinions aren't the same as yours. The people at GM that read this board and other forums learn from what they read. Changes (usually for the better) come from hearing different points of view even if there not what you might want to hear. Again just my opinion and not meant to insult or start any flame wars.

Regards,

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
I sure wouldn't want this forum to become known as a place where if you’re not a 100% GTO fan you're expected to go somewhere else! You can learn from others even if their opinions aren't the same as yours. The people at GM that read this board and other forums learn from what they read. Changes (usually for the better) come from hearing different points of view even if there not what you might want to hear. Again just my opinion and not meant to insult or start any flame wars.
Nobody would want this forum to become known as a place where if you're not 100% GTO fan you're expected to go somewhere else! No I can't learn from somebody elses opinion. That's all an opinion is - A belief not based on absolute certainty or positive knowledge but on what seems true, valid, or probable to one's own mind; what one thinks OR an evaluation, impression, or estimation of the quality of worth of a person or thing. I'm not purchasing this vehicle based on someone elses opinion or views. I've read everything I could get my hands on in reference to this vehicle. Just because a cowboys fan thinks that my CHIEFS team sucks doesn't mean I'm going to believe them! Unless they're using the old jedi mind trick then I'll stick to my own opinion and views. I'm not a closed minded person. Being in law enforcement teaching you to be open minded. But I do have strong views. Just because I don't agree with your or anybody elses opinion doesn't mean that I don't respect it. For instance I hold CMT's opinion in high regards when it comes to the powertrain of this vehicle. But it doesn't mean that I'm going to run out and do everything he does. (sorry CMT lol) I'll reserve my opinion about this vehicle until I have the keys in my hands. But I love the vehicle so far from what I've seen and read. In closing that remark was a joke. It wasn't meant to scare anybody away from this fantasic website nor to entice anybody into purchasing a Mach 1 over a GTO. No hard feelings. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

:bubbrub

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just because a cowboys fan thinks that my CHIEFS team sucks doesn't mean I'm going to believe them!

Well from this opinion you could learn that sending a CHIEFS pennant to that person for Christmas "probably" wouldn't be something they would enjoy! :)

I believe you can learn a lot from a person’s opinions. Opinions "I think" are directly related to what and how they actually feel. All off these opinions may or may not help you but they can tell you how a person feels about a particular subject. Now before you come back with the old "Opinions are like ********, everyone has one" statement please note I agree.

With all of this said what I should done is kept my mouth shut in the first place! I do agree with you on a number of things and disagree with you on others. That's one of the nice things I've found out about the people that frequent this forum we can disagree without it becoming as flame war.

I did misunderstand your previous post and for that I apologize. No hard feelings here either. I truly hope you enjoy your new GTO and HAVE A SAFE AND JOYOUS HOLIDAY SEASON!

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Come on guys, play nice! I'm pro-GM not pro GTO. So that renders my opinions invalid then? It's nice to see a tire liquifying burnout no matter what!

I actually was contemplating a Lightning before I put my down payment down too. This coming from a GM guy!

Oh, and the skip-shift eliminator (which costs more than a simple resistor) accomplishes the same task but is a lot nicer looking and protects all the connections from corrosion, grime and road crud. It works wonders, trust me!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
sometimes the truth is someones opinion and some one elese doesnt see it if you tell me the steelers suck and i say no well this year it looks like they do ??the world would be boring if no debates or so called heated conversations did not come about//you are looking into buying this car based on opinion you said you read up on it so far its all opinions and myths that they do exists /so we threaten to buy cobras hopefully its all in fun i dont mean to offend any one but i do like to give my opinion

·
Registered
235 Posts
The Cobra is a nice car. I think one of the reasons the GTO is so hot is because it is a muscle car that can carry four people comfortably. :mullet:

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
Just because I don't agree with your or anybody elses opinion doesn't mean that I don't respect it.
Just wanted to reiterate this statement from me. I agree, this world would be a boring place if we didn't have heated discussions. I know I can be stubborn and hard-headed at times. Just ask my girlfriend. Anyways I guess some of that has to do with the ex-Marine in me and now being in law enforcement dealing with murderers, rapists, child molesters ect... No hard feelings Suprfan. I know this is not a NFL forum but I'm going to sneak on in....... GOOOOOOOOOOOO CHIEFS!!!

I HOPE EVERYBODY HAS A "SAFE" AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

:drink: + DRIVING = :slap:

·
LS1GTO Traitor
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What we need are some tire liquifying videos of the new GTO!!! Almost all the video footage has been of nice leisurely Sunday drives. Where are the GTO BURNOUTS?! I've seen some Monaro burnouts but I need to see and HEAR some GTO burnouts.

If Danny or Maghut would like to lay down a couple of black strips on video, I'd put it up on my less than 10MB site.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts