LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was there anything of substantial weight in your trunks at the time of the bolts falling out? I was discussing with the service manager today his reasoning as to why the bolts fell out. Here it goes.....

Him: So, I see you have 2 bags of golf clubs in the trunk.

Me: Yeah, I golf a lot.

Him: You know, the weight of those bags was causing the rear of your car to sag and put the half shafts at an angle they should not be at.

Me: Those bags weight about 25-30lbs each. No way 60lbs worth of golf clubs caused 6 axle bolts to work themselves free. If that was the case, I'd never be able to put anyone in the back seats of my car.

Him: Well, I'm just telling you what we think happened.

Me: That's the most re-god-damn-tarded thing I've ever heard! And, while you're down there, my gears have been getting harder to engage. Why don't you take a look at the torque settings on the flywheel for me.

Can you believe this crap? Are there really people out there that would believe such horse sh1t?

So, anyone have anything in their trunks or carrying passengers at the time of the incident? Thanks.

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
tell him to pound sand long as you are within GVWR tell him he has a thumb to sit on.

·
Banned
39 Posts
I covered the trunk fabric with some terry cloth towels to protect the material. The added weight of those towels must be screwing the CV angle right now. Guess I better take those towels out ASAP!

·
Go Tigers!
2,455 Posts
You need to report this to Pontiac. That is completely unacceptable. I would be writing or wanted to speak with the owner of the dealership as well. Don't let them
get away with that crap.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
powrtrippin said:
Was there anything of substantial weight in your trunks at the time of the bolts falling out? I was discussing with the service manager today his reasoning as to why the bolts fell out. Here it goes.....

Him: So, I see you have 2 bags of golf clubs in the trunk.

Me: Yeah, I golf a lot.

Him: You know, the weight of those bags was causing the rear of your car to sag and put the half shafts at an angle they should not be at.

Me: Those bags weight about 25-30lbs each. No way 60lbs worth of golf clubs caused 6 axle bolts to work themselves free. If that was the case, I'd never be able to put anyone in the back seats of my car.

Him: Well, I'm just telling you what we think happened.

Me: That's the most re-god-damn-tarded thing I've ever heard! And, while you're down there, my gears have been getting harder to engage. Why don't you take a look at the torque settings on the flywheel for me.

Can you believe this crap? Are there really people out there that would believe such horse sh1t?

So, anyone have anything in their trunks or carrying passengers at the time of the incident? Thanks.
You gotta be F#$ing kidding me!!!!!!!!!!
If it was me I would not stop complaining to whomever it takes until that guy lost his job. :barf: :barf: ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC

SO THE TRUNK IS JUST FOR LOOKS THEN?

·
Registered
492 Posts
You must have had a FULL tank of gas AND had 2 golf bags, they are definitely going to void your warranty! :slap: :eek2:

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Yeah right, pick up your car and take it to a dealer that isn't going to try to screw you. I can't believe someone would even think to say something like this. Talk about being professional. I would have that service managers ass. When it happened to me, I had a body in the back. LOL. What's going to happen if you get two full size passengers in the backseat?

·
Registered
370 Posts
GM must send thier service people to dumb ass school. I went through the same crap, mine fell out the Friday before the 4th of July. The next day I found all six bolts on the side of the road. The dealership told me it was because of my aftermarket exhaust, which, no matter how hard you try can not contact the axle or CV collar. They told me that the installation shop must have taken out the bolts, but I supervised the installation and they did not. They also told me that the exhaust is too close to the gas tank, I almost started swinging at that point, hey dumb ass the gas tank is in the trunk.

Have you experienced axle hop? I believe the axle hop causes it, the few times I had axle hop it was so violent that I thought I was going to cry for hurting the car. I personally think that the rear suspension is defective, I feel the rear springs are the wrong rate or something, that rear tires bounce of the ground like a basket ball. I am half tempted to put air bags in the rear.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but in the last month my car seems to be "lighter" in the front, almost if the rear springs are relaxing. Anyone else feeling this. It's tough to tell, because it is subtle.

Dave

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Damn - that is why I am getting the clunk sound. Note to self - remove Hockey Bag, very bad for Rear end, replace with air.

Give me a break.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Where did all these guys go? Did they decide to troll around elsewhere? Why don't folks call Crapola on people like this sooner?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bonequark said:
Where did all these guys go? Did they decide to troll around elsewhere? Why don't folks call Crapola on people like this sooner?
What are you talking about?

·
Registered
104 Posts
why not try the eibach springs. they guarantee not to squat in the rear

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
Better watch out, gas weighs 7 lbs a gallon, and if you add more than 10 gallons your halfshafts will fall out :rolleyes: I guess every GTO owner who has filled their gas tank is at serious risk of halfshaft failure. Perhaps the service writer should look into learning another trade, because if he thinks he's any good at this he's in for some serious financial hardship in the near future. :mad:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Tell him that it must be exactly 2 golf bags.

I have had one golf bag and a gym bag in my trunk since purchase and I have all my bolts!!

Seriously, the Service Manager is an idiot, report him to GM

·
Est. Apr 2004
5,861 Posts
I'm gonna fill my trunk with Helium. That way I can put 4 people in the car! :)

·
Registered
244 Posts
powrtrippin,
Next time you get a "brain dead' telling you bull like that, just lean over the service counter and say to him, "Excuse me, your fly is still open!!"

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts