LS1GTO Forums banner

Do you want to allow F bodies at the Nov 10th track day

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, lets settle this debate once and for all. Do you want to include F bodies at the Nov 10th track day? I have gotten spirited comments for both sides of this argument and I want to put it to bed. If you are signed up to race at the event, feel free to vote and post your comments as to why you feel the way you do. If you want to sign up, the thread is at the top of this section. If you're not racing, DON'T VOTE! All you will do is make me weed through the votes to get the ones that count. Your vote will not count if you are not signed up to race.

Edit: Take 2, the first poll was private. oops

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
757 challenge
(^^ click the link)
This deal started out as a challenge to the 757GOAT club. We're looking to defend our title in the region (I guess). F-bodies don't fit into the equation.

That being said, it would be cool for them to come out and play - but they shouldn't be involved in our club shootout. I really don't think having a few extra cars running the track will interfere with our competitions. They just need to know up front that when the shootout starts they need to park it. The shootout won't take too long...then we can go back to "all swim"

·
Banned
12,011 Posts
Personally, I just hoped to get some runs in with my fellow VA GTO owners, have a final GTG before the winter, and hang out at the track with all the different goat owners. I dont think (still) NoVA has any serious competition for 757, but good clean fun on the track. But I do have to vindicate myself after PITP, since I didnt even bring my DRs and only got in 2 crummy runs on an almost empty bottle.

With that said, we had a pretty good meet with the F-Bodies at the 9/11 RFP last weekend, I would hope we could do a few more events with them. I am sure many GTO owners are former F-body owners themselves (well, I was) and have some kin to that crowd.

I bet we could handle everybody, have plenty of opportunities to run, and still be able to have our shoot-out. Plus, we might be able to save a buck or two per person.

Just my $.02, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
I think it would be a good idea to get as many folks as possible. The GTO groups can still have there shootouts in between when the other cars run. You never know, it might open things up to some different avenues and some new folks to meet as well. Also it might be easier to get some more sponsers to maybe participate knowing there will be more of a customer base for them in attendance. Just my .02

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like I'll be weeding through votes :bs:

ME said:
If you're not racing, DON'T VOTE! All you will do is make me weed through the votes to get the ones that count. Your vote will not count if you are not signed up to race.

·
Capitol City GTO's
6,509 Posts
Like I said before, if we can get 30-35 GTO's or more I dont see why we would need other's. However if we cant get those number's by say between the end of this month to the middle of next month. Then we might want to think about letting in the "F-bodies".

·
What A Rush..
916 Posts
myred2004gto said:
Like I said before, if we can get 30-35 GTO's or more I dont see why we would need other's. However if we cant get those number's by say between the end of this month to the middle of next month. Then we might want to think about letting in the "F-bodies".
Yep, what my man Pat said.

I really would like this to be an all GTO event though.

·
Capital City GTO's
956 Posts
I'll have to vote GTo's only. Sort of takes the novelty out if everyone is included. I can go race with everyone at my local track in crofton that is 2 miles away for $20 if I was trying to race with everyone else =)

·
Missin' the Goat
625 Posts
I know that I said that I wouldn't mind F-bodies to come on another thread, but on second thought, this did start out with the NOVA, CVG, and 757 guys wanting a day to run against each other. So like Pat and a few others have said, if it's more than 30 Goats, then we shouldn't need to bring others into it. Maybe in the upcoming years when it's officially an annual event so that big sponsorship could be brought into it hopefully and maybe we could get the track for an entire day. So I've changed my mind and voted.

Jerad

·
been beat by a Nana lately?
3,874 Posts
+1 GTOs only. :D

·
WTF?
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Based on the strong opinions against allowing F bodies that I've personally recieved, I would want more than a simple majority to allow them. I think it's pretty evident where this poll is heading.

·
Clean is good...
2,470 Posts
I've been away and offline for a little bit...even if it's too late, I vote GTOs only! Yup...

Tom.

·
Orphan Car Owner
2,808 Posts
I voted GTO only, but owning a '68 Firebird myself, I would not mind them joining in. Besides, I am the noob here, what do I know.

I agree with what someone else said, that after a certain time and there are open spots we could let them in. In the end, the more we have, the less we pay (I admit it I'm cheap).

On that note, If I need to send a deposit, someone pm me the info.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts