LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen postings of tuners that do a road tune after a dyno session. My question is if you had a Dynojet with eddy current load capability, would this represent more of a real world driving situation and therefore be able to perform the "road tune" on the dyno? If not, what is the purpose of the eddy current load option? Thanks, TODD

·
Omnicidal maniac
1,311 Posts
Load bearing dynos do allow you to do a much better driveability tune. However, dyno time is usually much more expensive than just driving around to fine tune driveability.

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
air flow is different on the street compaired to the dyno..

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Nmbr1GMfan said:
What would be the point of spending the extra 15k for the eddy current load module on a Dynojet then?
I'm not saying its not a good tool to use, but from what I seen with MY car the air flow was WAY different on the street then is was on the dyno. So i'll do all my fine tuning on the street..

·
Frantically Modding
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perdieu said:
I'm not saying its not a good tool to use, but from what I seen with MY car the air flow was WAY different on the street then is was on the dyno. So i'll do all my fine tuning on the street..
Cool, I didn't know. I was just asking 'cause I assumed that for 15k add on there must be some reason to have it. Thanks.

·
da slow kid of the bunch
3,885 Posts
Nmbr1GMfan said:
Cool, I didn't know. I was just asking 'cause I assumed that for 15k add on there must be some reason to have it. Thanks.
a lot of tuners like it because its a lot easier to set in one spot and fine tune each cell.. try going 25 mph in 2nd gear for a length on time on the street.. it's way easier to do it on a dyno..then move to the next rpm and tune and so on and so on till you have it dailed in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts