LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can we get American Racing to make TT2's to fit our Goats? I have them on both my older Poncho's and think they would look great on the 2004's.

·
Registered
308 Posts
While I agree that the TT would look great on the GTO (it was my first choice), I doubt ARE will invest in the tooling for such a small market. If Pontiac sells more GTOs (with the same wheel pattern), ARE and the others might be inclined to take a second look.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tdimasi said:
While I agree that the TT would look great on the GTO (it was my first choice), I doubt ARE will invest in the tooling for such a small market. If Pontiac sells more GTOs (with the same wheel pattern), ARE and the others might be inclined to take a second look.
I don't think it would be that major of an investment. They already make them in custom offsets, and they should be able to drill the bolt pattern on the same inner section as a 5x 4.75".

·
dozlert
1,951 Posts
Well, maybe our moderator can contact the company and inform them of our interest. Otherwise, it doesn't do any good to talk about it.

·
Registered
243 Posts
yes they do, i called and talked to them the other day, and will have my cl205(gray spokes instead of polished) here soon, if you check bigwheels.com they have them on there also.

·
Registered
267 Posts
ucmydust68 said:
yes they do, i called and talked to them the other day, and will have my cl205(gray spokes instead of polished) here soon, if you check bigwheels.com they have them on there also.
Looks like they show them as 120.65 (5x4.75) thats not 5x120

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ucmydust68 said:
Please let us know when they get there. Pics would be great.

·
GTOWILL
236 Posts
ARE told me they won't fit, and they don't know how and/or why Big Wheels is selling them:

Will,
They will fit, however we can not get quite enough backspacing. We put a set of 17x8's with 5 3/4" backspacing on a guys new GTO and he said it really needs a 6" backspacing which we can not get.

Hoppy Hopkins
Vintage Brand Manager
310-761-4069

·
Registered
113 Posts
any news on tt2 fitting i email big wheels and they said they would fit

Hi Chris,

They will fit just like OEM:
http://www.bigwheels.net/info_fitment.jsp

We are working with local Pontiac dealerships
and we know what we are offering.

So, order with confidence,
we guarantee the fitment.

Sincerely,
Boris.
http://www.bigwheels.net

----- Original Message -----
> From: [email protected]
>
> Hello, i have an 04 gto that im looking for torq thrust gray and chromed
wheel for, I see that the bolt patern is 5 by 120.65mm, im not sure if that
would fit ok i was contacting you to confirm that they would fit the lugs,
and backspacing is good.
> thanks
> chris
>
> Car:
> 04 gto
>

·
Registered
37 Posts
The well will fit,

I know for a fact that the wheels will fit the car just fine, I saw a car here in Vegas not to long ago with 18" TTII's pulished, and I almost had a heart attac when I saw it, those are the wheels that I wanted for my car and bought a set of 19" axis instead.

·
This stereo pic is old
268 Posts
ucmydust68 said:
we shall see how the 18x8 and 9's fit
Any word on the fit of these wheels?

·
Phantom Goat
184 Posts
I would like to know too. I would really love to see pics so I can see how they go with the cars lines.

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
In regard to BigWheels, they actually don't have a clue what will fit or won't. I had several email conversations with them, and this is the last one they sent me:

Hi Ron,

Thank you very much for such detailed info.
Fortunately nobody ordered from us anything so wide for GTO yet, so we even hadn't chance to notice that website recommendations are so wrong.
Thank you for pointing our attention to the problem.
Now it's fixed:
http://www.rims-n-tires.com/rt_carselector.jsp
(our main site)
Hope that now our selection for GTO is much more reasonable and realistic.
Though for such restrictive car test fit by customer is required anyway, no test fits by us yet.

Please let us know if you see anything else.

Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
Boris.
http://www.rims-n-tires.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts