LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Torrid Red
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 M6. I'm coming into some money next month and looking for suggestions of what kit I should buy for my car that has best bang for my buck. I browsed the forums here, but haven't been keeping up on everythign that is out for the GTO. I'm looking for a kit that has good support, ease of install, and Good power increase. Any help on this would be appreciated.

·
Here for a while
1,707 Posts
What YOU need to do is figure out what your goals are. There are alot of things that come into play when it comes to FI and expanding in the future.

I am sure you will get about 1000 different opinions, most important thing you need to know is......Build your FI around YOUR goals.

·
Registered
463 Posts
The ststurbo system sounds very easy to install with awesome gains at 5psi and 7 psi, for arround 4.5 - 5k... Dont worry about the guys that want you to search before posting... If everyone did that, no one would ever post. Good luck in ur desicion.

Paul

·
Torrid Red
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My goal is to be able to beat a Cobra when I come across them. Was thinking of getting a chip to get rid of the 160 mph barrier and putting some long tube headers on for sound and horsepower. So I guess the question is Turbo or Supercharger.

·
Registered
255 Posts
GTOtorridRED said:
My goal is to be able to beat a Cobra when I come across them. Was thinking of getting a chip to get rid of the 160 mph barrier and putting some long tube headers on for sound and horsepower. So I guess the question is Turbo or Supercharger.
Here is the what I have heard already and I tend to agree with: (jcain posted this on an earlier thread).

If my sole purpose was a monster track car, it'd be an A4, big single turbo, stalled/sprayed out of the hole.
For a highway warrior an M6 with a big turbo/big blower/TT
For a stop light avenger an M6 or auto TT or maggie.
All in a perfect world...

It all depends on what you want and be sure to add supporting mods for what you get. I just recently bought a Maggie. Why? because I don't visit the track much but wanted a very fun street car with loads of torque, a stoplight warrior if you will. If I was going to the track often and wanted great times I would probably get a turbo system. I believe a STS turbo car has already got into the 9's. There are some here with good procharger setups that are getting great times at the track.

Basically, all the systems are good. It just all depends on what you are trying to acheive in the end.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
if money wasnt an option, I would def. opt for a aps twin turbo setup, or the gen2 twin turbo setup, you get a nice amount of power with mad top end, and plenty of room to boost up the hp if need be.

·
Because race car
2,835 Posts
I am usually not one of the search Nazi's....but you really should look (at least a little bit).

You don't chip these cars....you tune them (either handheld like a Predator, or dyno/street tune with HPTuners or something of that sort).

All except the APS TT are ballpark the same to get into but the sky's the limit as far as upgrades go. All about how much money you want to drop :)

·
Blowed Up...
11,360 Posts
Well I started out with a D1SC Procharger setup, upgraded to an F1C Procharger setup and now I plan on going to a custom TT setup. Yes all on the same car.

I change my mind often when it comes to this stuff and am hoping the TT setup will be the end all be all for me. I don't know if I can take many more hits on selling parts.

·
I'm gonna get you!
2,812 Posts
read the newbie post at the top of the forum.

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
:ftw:
spd98 said:
read the newbie post at the top of the forum.
:ftw:

...sell the car and buy a Cobra... then you can chip something

If you wanna go fast...
Prepare to spend at least $5000 and that is if you are doing all of the work yourself.

If you wanna go faster..
Prepare to spend at least $7000 and that is if you do not even upgrade the entire driveline.

Give us numbers (money, speeds, times, how long you want it to last) , and we will give you some easy to digest
feedback.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts