LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a run in with a Ford Focus, of all things. The little baby doll driving would blast off at every light, with her boyfriend in the passenger seat laughing his fool head off. I think they were on drugs, which is the only explanation for why they kept tempting me.
But I must confess... that little car was much quicker than I ever imagined. I thought my GTO would simply dust the little thing, but that wasn't the case at all. Don't get me wrong, it's not like they had a chance... but I WAS impressed. Very quick little car.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I'm all for the Focus, Neon SRT, and hope that GM does a sick little Cobalt. The ricer market is here to stay. They might as well be buying American rice

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
My buddy has an SVT focus and was telling me there's a tuner company that will give you near 300 hp at the wheels and 4WD - for like 20k or something. That would make it damn quick.
Oh, and don't forget the whole saturn redline mark for more american rice.
Dan

·
IXLR8
476 Posts
Thats an additional 20k correct?
When I lived in Michigan two years ago and I was driving down 96 near Middlebelt a Focus pulled up next to me, it looked modded and it was and we went at it, he pulled on my pretty good. We went from 60-120+ and he had about three cars on me. It was a FR400 or something like that. Pretty sweet though.

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Thats an additional 20k correct?
When I lived in Michigan two years ago and I was driving down 96 near Middlebelt a Focus pulled up next to me, it looked modded and it was and we went at it, he pulled on my pretty good. We went from 60-120+ and he had about three cars on me. It was a FR400 or something like that. Pretty sweet though.
I would pretend it never happened to me.

·
ooooh wee, I love this car
151 Posts
an additional 20k on a f$%king Focus. Why? You'd still have a f$&king Focus!

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
I think the FR400 or whatever is actually the Cosworth tuned european version w/ 4wd. There's a 5.0 focus somewhere around here in Detroit too - I saw it in person and then on one of the tv shows about muscle cars on speed. And yes, it's an additional 20k - but that's like 35k total w/ the deals you can get on the SVT's.
And yes, you would still have a focus.
Dan

·
Registered
188 Posts
They also make a ford focus with a cobra engine in it (the supercharged one). I believe it was the price of the car plus $30k. It was an aftermarket company of course. I sure as hell wouldn't buy that to begin with, but damn, what a sleeper.

·
I drive slow
57 Posts
I watched an SVT Focus run a 12.8 at 117mph at Capitol last year (street tires)....there are fast ones out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts