LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mclaren F1 LM
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone raced a Ford gt, how many mods would it take to keep up with one of those cars?

What is a viper copperhead edition?

·
A Twin Four Cylinder
1,374 Posts
Considering they run low 11's .... As a ricer owner would say "A cold air intake is all you need"

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
LilJit02 said:
Considering they run low 11's .... As a ricer owner would say "A cold air intake is all you need"
....dude, that would embarrass a GT. I think you should keep a bit more civil and only put in a drop-in filter.

In all seriousness tho, it would likely take close to 600rwHP to keep up with the Ford GT.

·
Acta Non Verba
1,023 Posts
apparently 600 RWHP is all you need to stomp on 600 and 750 sportbikes, so he probably only needs 550 to handle a Ford GT

·
Banned
868 Posts
warhero said:
Has anyone raced a Ford gt, how many mods would it take to keep up with one of those cars?

To beat both of those cars you would need to get RID of your GTO and get this....

Or you could buy a cobra and put a few grand in mods on it...just look at the video in the link below. I won't say who it is but it is someone who visits this site regularly busting up the porsce and Ford GT. I believe the Ford GT has a few mods done on it as well and has 593 RWHP in this video. I'll wait to see if the owner of this video chimes in on it...

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/gnxs2/ryansbeasts.wmv

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
The copperhead eddition is just a cosmetic series. They only made I believe 200 of them in that particular color, which is incredible if you look at the paint on them. Nothing different about the motor, just the stock v10, unless he has a paxton on his car. Where did you see it? We are making a hardtop for one in the NJ area.

·
Registered
267 Posts
In regards to the other question about the GT, just make sure he doesn't want to turn. Those cars are built for the turns, and are very quick in the straight aways. A few of our customers have them, and say they are unbelievably fast.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
warhero said:

1) An engine putting down about 650 hp I would guess.:eek: Good luck!

2) I don't know.

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
warhero said:

I've beaten one GT twice on the highway. He's a buddy of Mike's and will openly admit i pulled him "like a freight train".

He goes the the drag strip and flogs his GT regularly :)

·
Acta Non Verba
1,023 Posts
keep in mind Smitty's car is no mortal GTO. I couldn't believe he beat one like that, then read up on his car and was like damn.

I think the Ford GT looks like something out of a daytime cartoon tho, for the money I'd get an SL65. I'm all set looking like speedracer.

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
Thanks Tpr! :) i appreciate it man...

I had a guy come in the other day that was talking to me on another GTO forum. Talked to him for a while, then i started up my goat for him...
He was wide eyed and was asking me how I got away with it so loud... I just smiled.

Then i asked him what he does for a living... He replied, "I'm a Mesa Police officer."

LOL oops :) he was cool though...

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
The funny thing in the video Smitty is how bad you beat that guy off the line. That is one heck of a nice 60' time also. I wish you would set up a camera inside your car for a nice "ride a long" during one of your passes.

·
Semper Fi
4,857 Posts
how long have i been saying i was going to get a camera in the car? lol

too long, thats for sure. maybe we can rig something for this saturday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts