LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I drive slow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The members of the Eastern F-Body Association would like to invite the '04 GTO crowd to our annual Spring Shootout at Maryland International Raceway. It's April 3rd from 9am to 2pm.

http://www.easternfbody.com/easternfbody/efashootout.htm

Right now the GTO crowd is welcome to race TnT (Test and Tune) and in the Brackets. I'm working on getting you guys into the Classes, but they have historically been 4th Gen F-bodies only. Either way, we'd love to see all the local GTO's there putting down some good numbers. We rent the track out completely, so if you get there by 8:30 or so you can make all the passes you want during TnT. We normally have 100-120 cars, and this is a twice a year event (spring and fall). EFA is home to the 2 of the fastest 4th gens around, Joe Overton @ Lethal EFI's N/A LT1 (9.73 @ 138), and Mikey Kleman @ Rapid Motorsports N2O LS1 (9.51 @ 142), so there will some good cars to watch ;). For those of you new to the LS1 world, there will be pleanty of knowledgeable people to talk to about what works best for your LS1. I'll keep you all informed about racing in the classes. Anyways, hope to see many of you there!

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts
rasilverbird said:
The members of the Eastern F-Body Association would like to invite the '04 GTO crowd to our annual Spring Shootout at Maryland International Raceway. It's April 3rd from 9am to 2pm.

http://www.easternfbody.com/easternfbody/efashootout.htm

Right now the GTO crowd is welcome to race TnT (Test and Tune) and in the Brackets. I'm working on getting you guys into the Classes, but they have historically been 4th Gen F-bodies only. Either way, we'd love to see all the local GTO's there putting down some good numbers. We rent the track out completely, so if you get there by 8:30 or so you can make all the passes you want during TnT. We normally have 100-120 cars, and this is a twice a year event (spring and fall). EFA is home to the 2 of the fastest 4th gens around, Joe Overton @ Lethal EFI's N/A LT1 (9.73 @ 138), and Mikey Kleman @ Rapid Motorsports N2O LS1 (9.51 @ 142), so there will some good cars to watch ;). For those of you new to the LS1 world, there will be pleanty of knowledgeable people to talk to about what works best for your LS1. I'll keep you all informed about racing in the classes. Anyways, hope to see many of you there!
Let me be the first to "formally" accept. How about a class just for the GTO?

·
I drive slow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, as you may have seen we have several classes already, and limited time. We also need a SOLID 8 to run a class.....BUT I was able to get the powers-that-be to allow the '04 GTO's to run in the classes. Typical class selection, just pick the one you want to run in (inspection may take place), and the quick 8 qualify. Our sponsors usually anti-up some very nice gifts to the winners and runners-up.

Glad to see you're going to make it, Bronko. There's usually a caravan rolling up from the Tidewater area, so I'll give you info on that as it comes up. It's more fun when there's 10 of you on the road ;).

·
Been here for a long time...
4,658 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the GTO's run. Hopefully, it'll be a nice turnout.

·
I drive slow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't forget everyone!!! I wanna see some '04's at this event, and it's coming up fast! Any other takers?

·
I drive slow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As most of you may have guessed...we were rained out Saturday. The event has been rescheduled for May 29th....hopefully that's enough time for more of you to feel comfortable about racing your cars :) .

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Oh, sorry to hear about the rain, but glad to hear I have a chance to be there. Damn, I hope my wheels and tires get here before then.

·
I drive slow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rasilverbird said:
The event has been rescheduled for May 29th....
To The Top. Let's see what the '04's have :bubbrub

·
4,658 Posts
rasilverbird said:
To The Top. Let's see what the '04's have :bubbrub
Yea, come on guys....
Don't you just want to show off :sneaky:
I'll be there but carless. Got to get my GTO fix :bubbrub

·
4,658 Posts
Guess nobody likes taking there car to the track? Was a beautiful day at MIR and no GTO's :(

·
I drive slow
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope, not a one. I was a bit dissapointed. The weather was great, not super DA great, but great. Oh well, I had a good time, none-the-less.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts