LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Administrator
9,433 Posts
Ok peeps-
As you can see there has been a bit of a change here. VerticalScope (the forum owners) have been deploying the Xenforo platform across all their forums and it was finally our turn to migrate there from the old VBulletin. This was a management decision, we on the moderation staff had nothing to do with it.
I've asked for this thread to be left in place for discussion of the new format. Please keep it civil (even the bitching) and take the opportunity to offer serious constructive criticism, it will be noted.
Just don't ask for it to be changed back, not happening.

NOTE: Not monitored by VS staff, if you want to share feedback with us, ask a question please use this thread:

·
Here for the Gangbang
1,827 Posts
Short version: I am not a fan.

I am also not emotionally invested in losing my balloon knot over it.

·
Porch Dick
20,213 Posts
In the old style, when viewing from the lounge, you could see the last thread replied to in a sub-forum, who replied to it, and when. Now you can just see that the last post in the Debate Room, for instance, was made 5 days ago, but not which thread and by whom.

That 'feature' would be nice to have back.

Not a fan of this format at all. I know it isn't changing back, but this layout makes no sense.

Tack the trophy features and all that other jazz on to a clean and efficient layout (like it was) and be done with it. Oh well.

·
Inching closer to Molon Labe
1,951 Posts
Did you guys employ the same developer that Weather.com uses? The relevant content spacing is very similar. Maybe next we can have a list of the Hollywood actresses that are unemployable and working at a fast food joint on the right hand column.

·
DW can't take a J... or a D
2,104 Posts
What the fuck is VerticalScope? Where did Autoforums go? I guess I haven't been paying attention.

So here's a question, since we all know lounge posts don't count, but do they count toward the 'replies' count in your profile? Cause if so, I got a problem, but perhaps not as much as @Midnight and @Doric

·
Band
588 Posts
What the fuck is VerticalScope? Where did Autoforums go? I guess I haven't been paying attention.

So here's a question, since we all know lounge posts don't count, but do they count toward the 'replies' count in your profile? Cause if so, I got a problem, but perhaps not as much as @Midnight and @Doric
lol yes and yes you all do. Is it really that big of a surprise? :p

·
2,104 Posts
Dark mode sucks too, but at least its less blinding. Why is a full third of the screen dedicated to the BBB tag and GDPR compliance (I'm sure the three European members we've ever had are thrilled about that. Probably be advertisements soon.

·
HGH Optimist
6,350 Posts
So...

Are For Sale threads about to jump off in this bitch? Or is the 100 post thing still valid?

Definitely curious about that one.

·
Porch Dick
20,213 Posts

What am I missing about the replies count and the problem it causes?

·
2,104 Posts
Hmm, wonder if the filters still work. Lemme try George Carlin's 7 Favorites

shit, piss, fuck, ****, ****sucker, motherfucker, tits.

Edit: Some are blocked. BRING BACK THE SMURF

·
2,104 Posts
What am I missing about the replies count and the problem it causes?
Oh its not a problem (unless it opens the doors to unscrupulous sales from the 8 or 9 people that still whine about it). I've always been curious as to the count of my non-tech posts, I guess I have the answer now.

·
HGH Optimist
6,350 Posts
Oh. I asked VGT's question. My bad...

I was just not as subtle about it.

·
Porch Dick
20,213 Posts
Ah, gotcha. I see what you're saying.

·
Porch Dick
20,213 Posts