LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need something asap. Lost fluid in one of the coilovers.

Front coilovers or struts (pedders/koni/kyb) w/ stock height or 20mm drop springs preferred.

If anyone just wants to "let go" of some completely stock struts also id be interested.

Already reached out to kollar and leadtimes are a bit out there so trying to find something to get by or use before i have to wait it out

·
Registered
562 Posts
I bought my kyb struts from rock auto. If you cross referenced the part number I'm sure somewhere like advanced could have a set same day or something.

O'Riley's in independence has them in stock. Might pay $115 per strut but they're there. I use them on my car with 20mm drop springs and love the firm but positive feel combined with lovell springs.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my kyb struts from rock auto. If you cross referenced the part number I'm sure somewhere like advanced could have a set same day or something.

O'Riley's in independence has them in stock. Might pay $115 per strut but they're there. I use them on my car with 20mm drop springs and love the firm but positive feel combined with lovell springs.
Not sure what i could get for springs. Lovells are out till july and pedders mid may

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Shit. Maybe that guy in stl could have some stock springs you could temporarily use?
Yeah i might reach out. Honestly cant even remember whats all needed to assemble a stock strut that wont come with the strut.

An upper spring retainer, lower spring isolator, stock style endlinks?

·
Worthless reject member
46,879 Posts
Yeah i might reach out. Honestly cant even remember whats all needed to assemble a stock strut that wont come with the strut.

An upper spring retainer, lower spring isolator, stock style endlinks?
Strut mount/bearing should come with the conical washers, you might want to get new jamb nuts. I think they are an M16-2. OEM jamb nuts are class 4 so those are ok, but if you can get higher go for it. Class 8 are hard to find tho. Get new OEM GM strut mount top plates, not aftermarket. Get new OEM bellows, the aftermarket ones are too small and don't fit. You might be able to reuse the upper spring retainer and upper spring isolator, if not good luck on the upper spring retainer, but new isolators are made by superpro. you'll need bumpstops, and then there are the clevis bolts/nuts. The nuts are available from GM actually, PN is 92138862 iirc, you can use a flanged M14-1.5-50mm(?) for the bolts, class 10.9. don't use the pedders bolts/nuts unless you're really brave.

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
seriously? dang.

try getting some pedders springs from summit racing.
I think @whippersnapper02 has me covered on some springs
Strut mount/bearing should come with the conical washers, you might want to get new jamb nuts. I think they are an M16-2. OEM jamb nuts are class 4 so those are ok, but if you can get higher go for it. Class 8 are hard to find tho. Get new OEM GM strut mount top plates, not aftermarket. Get new OEM bellows, the aftermarket ones are too small and don't fit. You might be able to reuse the upper spring retainer and upper spring isolator, if not good luck on the upper spring retainer, but new isolators are made by superpro. you'll need bumpstops, and then there are the clevis bolts/nuts. The nuts are available from GM actually, PN is 92138862 iirc, you can use a flanged M14-1.5-50mm(?) for the bolts, class 10.9. don't use the pedders bolts/nuts unless you're really brave.
I dont have any of the strut stuff so hopefully gtog8ta has them if i have to get new struts. Going to make a call.

I have some wretched lower bolts sitting in a box so im good there

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Rockauto and kollar has most of what you need.
rockauto i couldnt find the spring isolator or anything of that sort unless i was looking in the wrong place. I didnt think andy carried the spring seat either

GTOG8TA was also out of stock on bumpstops/spring seat/dust boot.

Found a full set of pedders gsr struts/shock with stock springs on one of the part out websites. Ordered new bearings, isolator to put on them if i get the lovells from whipper. Luckily these will work with the endlinks i already have

Ordered new spring seats also but they are backordered. Ill just keep those as spare.

·
Registered
06 GTO Spice Red 4A
9 Posts
Just ordered lovells stock height front springs from Kollar and they were dropped shipped from Lovells and had them in 10 days. They are still sitting in the garage

·
Premium Member
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Just ordered lovells stock height front springs from Kollar and they were dropped shipped from Lovells and had them in 10 days. They are still sitting in the garage
Yes i just received my stock height rear lovells 2 weeks ago. Ordered the 8th and got them sometime the next week. Asked kollar right before i made this post and he told me july for any more orders.

·
Registered
06 GTO Spice Red 4A
9 Posts
I paid the PayPal invoice on the 4/15 and had them on 4/23. They were dropped shipped directly from Lovells in AU via DHL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts