LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After reading ddawson's post about gaining hp with just a change in catback. I did the same thing. lats dyno run with 04 stock cat's and S/W turbo exhaust we got max hp 337 on 6/7/06 with the knock senser's kicking in. not sure why. know went with 05' stock cat's and 05' magnaflow cat back and with no knock at all max hp 346 and max torque345. picked up 9 hp & 11 lbs torque, not much of a gain but at least i'am going the right direction. next LT's.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
i can't wait to do that to mine. my stupid dealer is a pain in the ass when it comes to any mods. but it saves me a lot of money to go here for free service

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
I am a firm believer in Magnaflows product, but keep in mind that 9hp and 11ft/lbs can definetly be lost if the knock sensors are pulling timing. One or two degres of knock retard on the top of the pull can definetly lose that much power.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like the sound of the magnaflow's, and we where able to run 24 deg timing. the best part no knock at all. just changing the catback and switched to 05 cat's. not bad i'd say

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
nygto said:
I like the sound of the magnaflow's, and we where able to run 24 deg timing. the best part no knock at all. just changing the catback and switched to 05 cat's. not bad i'd say
Sounds like you are happier with the car, and that is all that matters. Congrats on the gains.:gears:

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far Yes. the car runs great now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts