LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All you you guys who where on the schedule for Jeremy Formatos tunning on the 8th and 9th know what its like to cut it close and get your car all set up at the very last minute.
I had an odessy of issues with UPS and FedEx getting my headers in on time and whats worst when I saw what was required to install them I freaked.
Luckily I know NorySS and NorySS knows everyone so a quick chat and he reffered me to D'agostino Racing in Davie.
Guys...it is worth the drive if you live in South Miami like me!
These guys knew exactly what was required and how to do it. I explained how I only had one day off a week and had to get it all in on Thursday (day before the tunning session with Jeremy). They cleared the day for my car and promised me nothing would take up that slot. I could write on and on about how impressed I am with them. You know how your all reluctant to trust a mechanic when you drop your car off cause they wanna do it "their" way and not per manufacturer specs? yeah not these guys! the installer (I guess I should call him "master mod-wizard tech" really) Ed, explained the process to me and looked over the intructions and torque specs that SLP send me. He invited me in to look at the car half way through to show how everything was comming along, the service is just amazing! 5 star ressorts dont have the service these guys offer...SRSLY!

When it was all set and done everything worked, no leakes from the headers or catback, no funny noises, no loose bolts or powersteering leaks.....not even a scratch on the polished portions of the headers or exhaust. Even Jeremy was impressed by the gains the car saw with just these basic boltons. I wassnt though, they got some scary-fast cars of thier own so I knew they didnt mess around.
They got a customer for life. And after traveling all over Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Delray, Tamarac, and Homestead looking for a shop that not only knew my car and my engine but also had time to see me, I suggest all you South FL Goats take a drive over to D'agostino Racing.
www.dagostinoracing.com
Thanks Nory for the hook up bro and thank you Ed, Dan and Derek for the service and excellent work.

·
Bite my shiny metal ass
7,889 Posts
Nice write up it sounds like they do good work. So many shops today try to make a quick buck by pushing people in and out. I'll pay more for quality work any time. Thanks for the heads up;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey great numbers! I would have to say I was very impressed with Jermey's tune. 510hp and 565 pounds torque on NOS. The Goat feels real strong now! I can't wait till I can go to the track and see what it runs. I'm just scared that I might break something now with all that torque.:gears: I'm glad you got your car finshed in time. It's hard to find a good shop. :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
glad they made you happy. And yes those were great numbers for a catt'd car. They really like the sound of your car.

Glad I can be of assistance.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NorySS said:
glad they made you happy. And yes those were great numbers for a catt'd car. They really like the sound of your car.

Glad I can be of assistance.
SHO-NUF! I owe ya one man. :thumbs:

·
its only a 5.7 its the slow1
1,241 Posts
glad to hear that,but someof us are poor (me) and cant pay a shop to do all our mods ..not that i have any but you know

·
Registered
62 Posts
It was great meeting you on the day you got tuned. Im the one with the white camaro that helped set up the tune stuff. Im glad the shop did good work for you. If you need anything from the shop or need prices on any thing give me a call. Hopefully we can help you out again in the future.

-Trent

·
"100% PURE MUSCLE CAR"
36 Posts
I listened to the results on Musashis car, It sound perfect... very nice tune.

·
Hammer of Justice
722 Posts
hmmmm mental note made, im pretty set on a getting a set of pacesetters, just wasnt sure on installing them myself, since i moved i lack tools and a garage...... i'll probably give them my business.... thanks for the recomendation

·
Registered
62 Posts
dredz172 said:
hmmmm mental note made, im pretty set on a getting a set of pacesetters, just wasnt sure on installing them myself, since i moved i lack tools and a garage...... i'll probably give them my business.... thanks for the recomendation
If your interested just give us a call at 954-583-8884.

Thanks,
Trent

·
Registered
62 Posts
in_burrito said:
What did they charge you for the header install?
it was 3 1/2 hours for the LT's, 1/2 hour for mid pipe, and 1 hour for catback.

It was $80 an hour. You can pick it up the same day you drop it off if you drop it off in the morning. :burnout:

Thanks,
Trent

·
Sold
2,093 Posts
I left a message with them over the weekend Got a call back from Derek (sp?) on Monday. Very helpful and offered to have my Pacesetters sent directly to their shop. He said they have somebody they can take the car to for the mid pipes I'm going to need. I'm looking forward to working with them.

·
Not a winner?
7,438 Posts
let me know when yous top by there. i wouldn't mind going to check it out my self and hearing what kinda guys they are

·
Unreconstructed
272 Posts
foster'sguy said:
I left a message with them over the weekend Got a call back from Derek (sp?) on Monday. Very helpful and offered to have my Pacesetters sent directly to their shop. He said they have somebody they can take the car to for the mid pipes I'm going to need. I'm looking forward to working with them.
Did you order the coated ones? I'm tempted by the Pacesetters but I just can't believe that they are anywhere close to the same quality as the others for 75% of the price. Maybe I'll have to wait for you to get yours so I can see them first hand in order for me to decide.:)

·
Sold
2,093 Posts
Am waiting for them to get back to me. Yeah, I'll be ordering the coated ones.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts