1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
LS2 Fast
1,726 Posts
Like it

·
CCGTO Member
1,731 Posts
thought it was interesting... i didn't hear how they were deciding lane choice though.

·
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ
7,095 Posts
It was quick (1/2 the racing) but amazing to watch four 320mph cars go down the track.

Pos #1 and #2 move on, #3 and #4 go home. Lane choice is based on qualifying times.

·
18's or bust
9,517 Posts
3 wasn't enough? Don't tell me they already got bored with that. And I'll have to see it first but man it sounds like it could end badly if one jumps ahead and loses control and takes out all 3 cars.

·
'12-'13 ScrScca SM Champ
7,095 Posts
3 wasn't enough? Don't tell me they already got bored with that. And I'll have to see it first but man it sounds like it could end badly if one jumps ahead and loses control and takes out all 3 cars.
It is 2 tracks 2 lane each with a wall between them.

·
18's or bust
9,517 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Something different thats for sure, I like it to a point but think side by side is still the best. Can be too much to watch for the fan also, personally I like picking apart the runs and its kind of fun to guess what went wrong before they have to show you in slow motion. That being said I would love to see it in person, been to a couple races in person, for anyone that hasn't been to one, if you get the chance, "GO" gives you a brand new outlook on machinery. Nothing like your vision going blurry, the ground shaking and not being able to breath haha.

·
Omertà
5,287 Posts
Something different thats for sure, I like it to a point but think side by side is still the best. Can be too much to watch for the fan also, personally I like picking apart the runs and its kind of fun to guess what went wrong before they have to show you in slow motion. That being said I would love to see it in person, been to a couple races in person, for anyone that hasn't been to one, if you get the chance, "GO" gives you a brand new outlook on machinery. Nothing like your vision going blurry, the ground shaking and not being able to breath haha.
:iagree:

I've also been to a few NHRA events & can't imagine the "feel" of a 4-wide TF run.

The 4-wide is OK for a once a year event, but I suspect the drivers actually find it nerve racking and hate it.

·
BluLS2
3,043 Posts
It's pretty cool in person. All of them at the same time is extremely loud. For 1 run on Sunday before the rain, me and 3 friends were in the Full Throttle chase car and were about 15 feet from one of the funny cars when all 4 started. That was pretty badass. I was too busy enjoying the view and vibrations to worry about the noise. I did get a good whiff of the fuel for a moment and it took my breathe away for a second but it was still way worth it.

·
1 of 90
1,097 Posts
It's OK once a year.

·
18's or bust
9,517 Posts
Isn't Z-Max the snake oil product?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts