LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
I dont think this will live long. drivers had a hard time with staging. We had a lot of customers there racing that said the pros did not like the extra staging process. On the lighter side did anyone see the FTI powered Top Dragster of Ray miller make it to the final. We had 7 qualified converters in that class alone!!!! (didnt mean to hijack)

Greg

·
oog
6,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
As the OP I guess I should express my opinion.During qualifying...like it,during eliminations...HATE it.

Greg,I'm not surprised,you build a great product!!!

·
South Carolina's Fastest GTO
3,661 Posts
It's pretty cool in person. All of them at the same time is extremely loud. For 1 run on Sunday before the rain, me and 3 friends were in the Full Throttle chase car and were about 15 feet from one of the funny cars when all 4 started. That was pretty badass. I was too busy enjoying the view and vibrations to worry about the noise. I did get a good whiff of the fuel for a moment and it took my breathe away for a second but it was still way worth it.
I was in the truck with Blu at the starting line- damn! had to be there to understand. how about 2 funny cars exploding on the same run. I was awesome. yes the pro's had some issues staging- it was the first time this had ever been done in a real race. they got better at it as the race went on. don't knock it until you've been there yourself

·
antimatter man
549 Posts
Two thumbs up from me!!

The people responsible for bringing you four-wide racing have plans for 3-4 more tracks in the next several years. I think Las Vegas is going to be next.

·
Slow LS2
974 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I didn't care for it on TV but it may be cool in person. 4 top fuel or funny cars would make a lot of noise. I can deal with it once a year but no more than that. I'm still not happy with the 1000' rule. That being said, if you get the chance stand as close as you can to the finsih line. When the fuel cars launch you see them move before you hear them and then when they go flying by it is awsome. Shakes your whole body.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Stupid gimmick to get people to watch NHRA that don't normally. Looking more like WWF crap! Who ever heard of being in lane 1 and beating the car in lane 2 and car in lane 2 can come back and race you again? Or beating the car in the opposite lane and neither one of you move on! Dog and pony show.

·
10 second Club Baby !!
1,825 Posts
Z-Max four wide

Like it, and looking forward to running there this fall 2010 !:turbonaug

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I liked it, agree with one of the earlier posts use it for qualifying, not eliminations. That being said, would be great to have that for TNT's! Prep two lanes for slicks and drag radials, and keep the street tires in the other lanes, and from dripping water all over the track!

·
Oxford White Sheep Squadron
11,339 Posts
Not a fan of it at all. Looks more like some kind of gimmick than serious racing IMO... but I also think the demise of NHRA began years ago....

21 - 35 of 35 Posts