LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone needs help modding there car or just needs a simple brake job or tune-up or something of this nature let me know. I am looking to make a little extra cash doing side jobs at home. Or if anyone else you know wants to save some money over going to a dealer I can help. Or if you are just afraid of attempting a mod yourself give me a shout. I can do almost anything.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I'll keep you in mind. I'm looking at a LT install in the near future don't think I want to try by myself.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Hey, my stops came loose on my gmm again. This is the second time. There is about an inch of leway up and down in gear. I still have all of my gears, but I don't want to lose them again. Are you free any time this week to fix it?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ShaneD_06GTO said:
Hey, my stops came loose on my gmm again. This is the second time. There is about an inch of leway up and down in gear. I still have all of my gears, but I don't want to lose them again. Are you free any time this week to fix it?
Not realy this week,I have to leave town Friday night for a wedding, but next week i could look at it just about any night. Let me know. Mine have never loosened up.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
ShaneD_06GTO said:
I thought that the stops were not needed. GM Tranys have the stops built into the design of the gears.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm still up in the air on weather they are needed also, but hey if GMM says to use them I use them.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
GMM did but I think they changed that. GM says not to. And the set-up says to push the shifter as hard as you can and then leave a .050" gap.. (about the thickness of a quarter) That is a large gap, I doubt that you would ever hit it.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sxty8goats said:
GMM did but I think they changed that. GM says not to. And the set-up says to push the shifter as hard as you can and then leave a .050" gap.. (about the thickness of a quarter) That is a large gap, I doubt that you would ever hit it.
I have to agree with you. after I adjusted my stops I thought no way it would ever hit them.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
TORRID04GOAT said:
Not realy this week,I have to leave town Friday night for a wedding, but next week i could look at it just about any night. Let me know. Mine have never loosened up.
Ok, I'm going to go to a GM dealer and have them tighten the bolts. The last gm dealer I was at said they loctited the bolts, but why did they come loose again? What should I have this new dealer do?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ShaneD_06GTO said:
Ok, I'm going to go to a GM dealer and have them tighten the bolts. The last gm dealer I was at said they loctited the bolts, but why did they come loose again? What should I have this new dealer do?
WE'll I just used red 242 loctite and made sure the lock nuts are tight.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
242 is blue / removable.

I wouldn't use Red. You need a torch to remove it if it is applied to a clean screw and thread.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Fixed the shifter myself :ftw: :gears:

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
NIce job Shane.

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bump. I also work on boats and motorcycles at least as far as maintenace goes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts