1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Those are freaking beautiful! How much did that run? I like them better than stock as is. What are you intending to paint?

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have been initally sent out to the same shop that I had the front grilles sent to to be chromed. For the second stage the lower portion and the part where the GTO letters are raised from will be painted. I am debating upon whether to paint one part black and one part the color of the car or just paint both parts the color of the car.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
They have been initally sent out to the same shop that I had the front grilles sent to to be chromed. For the second stage the lower portion and the part where the GTO letters are raised from will be painted. I am debating upon whether to paint one part black and one part the color of the car or just paint both parts the color of the car.
If it t'were me, I'd think about either leaving them as is, maybe taping and cutting out 'GTO' in translucent tinted tape, or just doing the background around the letters. That chrome looks awful, awful good BGG. Maybe print out a few copies of the pics on standard paper and crank out various schemes with felt pens for comparison before deciding? :hail:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Holy freakin' crap that's really cool looking. :hail:

I think doing the background of the GTO lettering and then the GTO lettering itself in car color would be awesome, BUT you have to be very careful to not hurt the sides of the raised GTO letters - that would have to stay chrome for the best effect.

What is all this chroming costing you?

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
phobos512 said:
What is all this chroming costing you?

I'd rather not go into exact numbers, but to get the FRC's chromed cost more than the three grille inserts. Don't ask me why but it did. We'll just say too much.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
BillyGoatGruff said:
I'd rather not go into exact numbers, but to get the FRC's chromed cost more than the three grille inserts. Don't ask me why but it did. We'll just say too much.
Are we talking <$500, >$500, or >$1000? At least give me that :)

·
Single Digit Stick Shift
4,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Definitely less than $500. When you look at the alternatives for chorming and the money spent, it seems realitively expensive. Let's just say for the same amount of money I could have 3-4 rims chromed.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
excellent :thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts