LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
is the juice worth the squeez
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took delivery of my 06 w/ 18's, in June...all 4 rims were scratched and the dealer ordered me 4 new rims...well, he called me yesterday and said the rims aren't in yet and he spoke to the GM rep, and they offered to give me 1550.00 towards an aftermarket set of my choice. But the catch is I have to turn the stock rims in for warranty, which leaves me wondering if I should do it or not.
Any opinions or views on the matter would be appreciated
I'm thinking about the AZA Z-1, or Zenetti 5 in chrome
any other suggestions?

·
Registered
93 Posts
if your not happy with your stock wheels and threre basicly going to buy your stock wheels for 1550.00 i would do it no questios asked.z1,s would look nice on your brazen.

·
Love my Robyn
278 Posts
Ohhhh, yes yes. Take it & run. I would see if you can get a little more out of it though. Doesn't the stock rims cost more than that? If so tell them you want the difference or the same amount of $$$. If that doesn't work I would take the money for new rims
Just my 2cents, but Gravana has some pretty nice wheels also.

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
This one is a nobrainer. Get some aftermarkets of your choice and make them warranty them like they were stock.

·
Silver Blur
1,054 Posts
take the aftermarket wheels "make sure the dealer will warentee them" get somthing in writing DEALERS ARE SCAMISH

find out who the rep is and maybe a # i have a rim thats scratched"acording to the dealer it's from transport BUT THEY DONT WANNA REPLACE IT" SO IF YOU COULD FIND OUT ALIL INFO AND WOULDNT MIND HELPING A FELLOW BRAZEN BUDDY OUT :gears: PLZ PM THE INFO

·
A Million miles and counting
363 Posts
Hopefully you don't have a leased car. I was told by the local dealer when I looked at an '06 Spice red car that the car had to be as described on the build sheet when you turn it in after a lease. This only came up because I told them I didn't like the factory 18's and wanted factory 17's instead off the car next to it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Take the money and buy some used stock rims from one of the many for sale and you will still have some money in your pocket. At least that is what I would do...

·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1badgto...i'll see if i can get the reps name
stevenmalone.....i think they are giving me 1550 which is their cost,i'll check Gravana
MSBUCCIARELLI...... thanks..... i will ask for a warrantee.
Cosmoso4......fortunately it's not a lease
ROK.....solid advice
old goat 05.......I could wait for the set they ordered me to come in...my choice

so no one has an issue with having to turn the original set in and not having a stock set???

any other rim suggestions??? I love the FISKE FM5's but they are too expensive

·
No mo' GTO.
3,969 Posts
Yeah, look at it this way: Either you spend $1500 on wheels that you like, or the dealer spends $1500 on wheels that you like. And, definately get it in writing. If the price is right, check out the CCW wheels.

·
I like pie.
267 Posts
Get a "we owe" slip and do it.

I supose I got my wheels "free" too.

I got TSW thruxtons 800 for the set, sold my factory 18s for 950. made 150 :)

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
Take the money, get CCW's and get them to warranty them.

·
The Jolly Roger
277 Posts
why would you not take FREE aftermarket wheels? dumb question imo... unless you are just that infatuated with the stock wheel look.

·
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i dont really like the stockers ...but i would like to keep them aside for the
sake of having them down the road

where can i find the ccw's
i really like savini wheels but it looks like they start in 19"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts