LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TYRFRYR
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Put her on the Dyno today. I liked what I saw. And Heard!!!

I'd never heard my car from outside the car while under load!!! :thumbs:

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
Nice numbers. Where did you have your car dynoed? What's the difference between STD and SAE numbers?

-K

Edit: I saw in the dyno sheet -> Stang Hi Performance.

·
TYRFRYR
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I met the owner of Stang-Hi (Yeah I know its a stang shop) on a poker run and out at the track a couple of times. At the poker run, he was very curious/interested in the GTO. I let him drive it at the track and he really liked.

He told me to call him some time and bring it in for a Dyno and he'd cut me a good deal because he was very interested in what it was putting up. He's definately a stang guy, but after today, he loves this thing.

STD is basic power (No Correction). This will fluctuate with ambient conditions.
SAE is corrected to a standard ambient reference condition as specified by The Society of Automotive Engineers.

·
1,401 Posts
TechnoGeek said:
STD is basic power (No Correction). This will fluctuate with ambient conditions.
SAE is corrected to a standard ambient reference condition as specified by The Society of Automotive Engineers.
I am not sure I completely understand how or why the STD numbers are higher. I guess I would need to know what the standard ambient reference condition is. Specifically, my impression is that the standard ambient reference condition would be something like: 80 F w/ some low relative humidity @ sea level. Subsequently, if the dyno pull was made at 95 F and 98% RH at 50' above sea level, the actual performance indicators would be less than the corrected numbers. So, to see higher STD numbers than SAE numbers is not intuitive to me.

I still have a lot to learn...

-K

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
TechnoGeek said:
STD is a correction factor, like SAE, DIN, ECC, JIS

Uncorrected = no correction

That's why you have CF=STD and CF=SAE :) It will actually say CF=UNCORRECTED

·
1,401 Posts
Is there a mathematical expression that can be used to convert between SAE and STD?

-K

·
Registered
44 Posts
GTO_Scott said:
STD is a correction factor, like SAE, DIN, ECC, JIS

Uncorrected = no correction

That's why you have CF=STD and CF=SAE :) It will actually say CF=UNCORRECTED
QFT.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
QFT = quoted for truth

·
Might wanna knock first...
4,355 Posts
Dyno numbers look good, on par w/your mods...what's impressive is that track, and that 60', time! Deep into the 12s...what are you running for tires?

PS Steel Chicken...it's ceiling, not cieling :)

·
TYRFRYR
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Running Stock 18". I get a lot of practice at the track. I live 10 miles from the track and they have test and tune every Wednesday ($15.00 Unlimited Runs) and Brackets every Friday ($15.00 Time trials 6:00 - 8:00; Brackets 8:00 - 10:00).

I've logged 90+ runs on the car since June 16. When I go on Wednesday, I usually get 16-20 runs on average.

·
Registered
414 Posts
STD day (or STD correction) is equal to:

pressure: 29.92in hg
Temp: 59*F

Strandard lapse rate: 3.5*f and 1in hg per 1000feet of altitude
it is a linear rate, so you can figure out your losses per feet if you wanted too

I can't remember what the SAE bring the temp and pressure to, sorry!

·
Let's roll...
1,036 Posts
I noticed a little 'blip' at 4800 rpms just like what I'm seeing with my car. Sure would like to know why???

·
Registered
244 Posts
nice numbers man. i guess i expected that since we basically have the same tune. getting real good at the track i need to get back up there. hope the clutch holds up. i might go this friday depending on weather. see ya soon man

·
TYRFRYR
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
05silverbullet said:
i might go this friday depending on weather. see ya soon man
Come on Wednesday. It's more fun and we'll get in more runs (unless you want to run brackets on Friday).

P.S. I'm thinking about spraying (100-150) untill I get my maggie.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts