LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
Nice numbers. Where did you have your car dynoed? What's the difference between STD and SAE numbers?

-K

Edit: I saw in the dyno sheet -> Stang Hi Performance.

·
TYRFRYR
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I met the owner of Stang-Hi (Yeah I know its a stang shop) on a poker run and out at the track a couple of times. At the poker run, he was very curious/interested in the GTO. I let him drive it at the track and he really liked.

He told me to call him some time and bring it in for a Dyno and he'd cut me a good deal because he was very interested in what it was putting up. He's definately a stang guy, but after today, he loves this thing.

STD is basic power (No Correction). This will fluctuate with ambient conditions.
SAE is corrected to a standard ambient reference condition as specified by The Society of Automotive Engineers.

·
Not Vengeance..Punishment
1,401 Posts
TechnoGeek said:
STD is basic power (No Correction). This will fluctuate with ambient conditions.
SAE is corrected to a standard ambient reference condition as specified by The Society of Automotive Engineers.
I am not sure I completely understand how or why the STD numbers are higher. I guess I would need to know what the standard ambient reference condition is. Specifically, my impression is that the standard ambient reference condition would be something like: 80 F w/ some low relative humidity @ sea level. Subsequently, if the dyno pull was made at 95 F and 98% RH at 50' above sea level, the actual performance indicators would be less than the corrected numbers. So, to see higher STD numbers than SAE numbers is not intuitive to me.

I still have a lot to learn...

-K

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
TechnoGeek said:
STD is a correction factor, like SAE, DIN, ECC, JIS

Uncorrected = no correction

That's why you have CF=STD and CF=SAE :) It will actually say CF=UNCORRECTED

·
Administrator
21,149 Posts
QFT = quoted for truth

·
Might wanna knock first...
4,355 Posts
Dyno numbers look good, on par w/your mods...what's impressive is that track, and that 60', time! Deep into the 12s...what are you running for tires?

PS Steel Chicken...it's ceiling, not cieling :)

·
TYRFRYR
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Running Stock 18". I get a lot of practice at the track. I live 10 miles from the track and they have test and tune every Wednesday ($15.00 Unlimited Runs) and Brackets every Friday ($15.00 Time trials 6:00 - 8:00; Brackets 8:00 - 10:00).

I've logged 90+ runs on the car since June 16. When I go on Wednesday, I usually get 16-20 runs on average.

·
Registered
414 Posts
STD day (or STD correction) is equal to:

pressure: 29.92in hg
Temp: 59*F

Strandard lapse rate: 3.5*f and 1in hg per 1000feet of altitude
it is a linear rate, so you can figure out your losses per feet if you wanted too

I can't remember what the SAE bring the temp and pressure to, sorry!

·
Let's roll...
1,036 Posts
I noticed a little 'blip' at 4800 rpms just like what I'm seeing with my car. Sure would like to know why???

·
Registered
244 Posts
nice numbers man. i guess i expected that since we basically have the same tune. getting real good at the track i need to get back up there. hope the clutch holds up. i might go this friday depending on weather. see ya soon man

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.