LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Anybody who is staying in Sumter or at Shaw AFB, please let me know if there's any interest in a gtg either Friday evening, or Saturday evening in Sumter. If we get enough participation, I'll arrange for some food to be delivered to the O'Reilly Auto Parts store and we can have a little impromptu car show at the store. Give me your feedback and any ideas.

Jeff

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
This sounds fun, I would be in!

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
hmm maybe i'll stick around a little bit that day a chill for a while. im not gonna stay the night since i only live a couple hours away but its only a couple hours away to where i could chill for a little bit! sounds interesting!

·
10 Second Club
1,101 Posts
This Sounds like fun but could only do it on Friday night we are driving back afterwards on Sat.....

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys and gals, I'm starting a new job on the 1st, and I don't know yet whether I'll be available to do anything with this. I'm going to find out as much as possible, but I now don't have the large parking area that I was planning on for the get-together. I'll do a little leg-work and see what I can come up with this week.

Jeff

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hokey dokey guys and gals. I will be working til 6:00 PM on Friday. I will try to get Saturday off. If I am available, I have located a great location for a get together. It's called Gateway Plaza. There is a large area of parking lot that isn't right next to any business establishments, I'm sure nobody would mind if we hang out there. As far as food, there is a Cici's Pizza, a Mexican restaurant, a Japanese place and an Arby's all in the plaza. There is also a local pub called Legacies. The local hotels are all within about a half mile. Go ahead and bring the cars out, if you feel the need to drink, I can provide transportation to the hotel, and I can get your cars back to the hotels for you. Let me know how this sounds.

Jeff

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Sounds good to me! I'm down for whatever, we are coming back sunday so we should be good to go!

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good to me! I'm down for whatever, we are coming back sunday so we should be good to go!
Sounds good. Remember, this is in Sumter, not Florence, Hartsville or Darlington, so it's about 45 minutes drive from the track. If you're staying in one of the closer hotels, it won't be quite as convenient for you, but you're still welcome to come on down.

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
sounds good. i wont be drinking much since i have to drive but it would be fun to hang out

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Sounds good. Remember, this is in Sumter, not Florence, Hartsville or Darlington, so it's about 45 minutes drive from the track. If you're staying in one of the closer hotels, it won't be quite as convenient for you, but you're still welcome to come on down.
Dang I thought it was closer than that lol. :bomb:

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, guys and gals, if anybody is interested, there is a weekly cruise-in in Camden Friday night. Camden is off exit 98 on I-20. It's about an hour away from the track to the west. It starts at 6:00 PM, and usually wraps up around 8:30-9:00. It is very informal, just show up if you want to. At the K-Mart on Dekalb St/Rte 1.

Jeff

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
OK, guys and gals, if anybody is interested, there is a weekly cruise-in in Camden Friday night. Camden is off exit 98 on I-20. It's about an hour away from the track to the west. It starts at 6:00 PM, and usually wraps up around 8:30-9:00. It is very informal, just show up if you want to. At the K-Mart on Dekalb St/Rte 1.

Jeff
Do you have an address for it? I will check and see how far it is from the hotel we are staying at, and if it isn't to far we may try to make it!

·
Waiting on new time slip
1,639 Posts
I am in for that too, we can compare it to the Pig on Saturday nights for us!!!

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Do you have an address for it? I will check and see how far it is from the hotel we are staying at, and if it isn't to far we may try to make it!
2209 West DeKalb
Camden, SC 29020
(803) 425-0327

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
Just tell me were the BEER is... :)
The drunker I get the more of a hang over I'll have and slower I'll be ;)

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
Just tell me were the BEER is... :)
The drunker I get the more of a hang over I'll have and slower I'll be ;)
You joining in on the Florida Caravan? What about Mike?

·
HARDCORE since 1982
3,345 Posts
You joining in on the Florida Caravan? What about Mike?
If the ball and chain gets off in time, if not I'll leave as soon as posible.... Hell I'll Drive all night show up at the track at 8 am and race! :)

·
An oldie but a goodie!!!
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll be leaving AutoZone in Sumter at 6:00 PM tomorrow, I'll stop for gas and then head up the road to Camden. That usually breaks up around 9:00 PM. There is a Rush's right next to the cruise-in.

Then Saturday evening, anybody who wants to head on down to Sumter, we can still get together at Gateway Plaza.

Jeff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts