LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If it's not breaking any rules, is there anyone out there with the Helms manual that can scan and post the procedure for removing the front fascia? I want to be damn sure that I don't break the little clippy things that hold it tight on under the headlights. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
phobos512 said:
If it's not breaking any rules, is there anyone out there with the Helms manual that can scan and post the procedure for removing the front fascia? I want to be damn sure that I don't break the little clippy things that hold it tight on under the headlights. Thanks!
I have helms on cd I will check when I get home

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Here Ya go
Fascia Replacement - Front Bumper
Removal Procedure
Notice
Refer to Tape Corners of Panel Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Apply tape to the corners of the hood and the adjacent surfaces.
From each side of the fascia (1), remove the screw (5) that attaches the fascia (1) to the wheelhouse liner (4).
From each side of the fascia (1), remove the screw (3) that attaches the fascia (1) to the fascia support (2).
Unclip the fascia (1) from the fascia support (2) by grabbing the upper end of the fascia and pulling away from the vehicle.

Disconnect the fog lamp and sidemarker lamp harness connector (2) from the left-hand side of the vehicle.
Remove the3 screws (1) attaching the fascia (3) to the front upper panel.
With the aid of an assistant, remove the fascia (3) from the vehicle.
Remove the fog lamps. Refer to Fog Lamp Replacement - Front in Lighting Systems.
Remove the sidemarker lamps. Refer to Marker Lamp Replacement - Front Side in Lighting Systems.
Remove the fog lamp and sidemarker lamp harness. Refer to Fog Lamp and Sidemarker Lamp Harness Replacement in Lighting Systems.
Remove the front license plate bracket, if equipped. Refer to License Bracket Replacement - Front .
Remove the front fascia emblem. Refer to Emblem Replacement - Front Bumper Fascia in Exterior Trim.
Remove the upper fascia grille. Refer to Fascia Grille Replacement - Front Bumper - Upper .
Remove the lower fascia grille. Refer to Fascia Grille Replacement - Front Bumper - Lower .
Installation Procedure
Install the lower fascia grille. Refer to Fascia Grille Replacement - Front Bumper - Lower .
Install the upper fascia grille. Refer to Fascia Grille Replacement - Front Bumper - Upper .
Install the front fascia emblem. Refer to Emblem Replacement - Front Bumper Fascia .
Install the front license plate bracket, if removed. Refer to License Bracket Replacement - Front .
Install the fog lamp and sidemarker lamp harness. Refer to Fog Lamp and Sidemarker Lamp Harness Replacement in Lighting Systems.
Install the sidemarker lamps. Refer to Marker Lamp Replacement - Front Side in Lighting Systems.
Install the fog lamps. Refer to Fog Lamp Replacement - Front in Lighting Systems.

With the aid of an assistant, position the fascia (3) onto the vehicle.
Notice
Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Install the 3 screws (1) attaching the fascia (3) to the front upper panel. Tighten
Tighten the 3 upper fascia screws to 3 N·m (26 lb in).

Connect the fog lamp and sidemarker lamp harness connector (2) on the left-hand side of the vehicle.

Fasten the fascia (1) to the fascia supports (2).
On each side of the fascia (1), install the screw (3) that attaches the fascia (1) to the fascia support (2). Tighten
Tighten the fascia support screws to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

On each side of the fascia (1), install the screw (5) that attaches the fascia (1) to the wheelhouse liner (4). Tighten
Tighten fascia wheelhouse liner screws to 2 N·m (18 lb in).

Remove the protective tape that may have been applied during the removal procedure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you! As they say in that Office Max (I think) commercial, "You so totally rock!" :)

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
phobos512 said:
Thank you! As they say in that Office Max (I think) commercial, "You so totally rock!" :)
You are totally Welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts