LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what kind of bolts those are that hold on the front license plate holder? Looks like a three pronged design?? Went to take it off last night and realized I don't have any tools to fit it...

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
kpanza said:
Anyone know what kind of bolts those are that hold on the front license plate holder? Looks like a three pronged design?? Went to take it off last night and realized I don't have any tools to fit it...
Here is the tool you need :bomb:
J/K
I thought that most were rivited to the front.
A pic of the bolt will help us see what you need.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Pontiac GTO said:
You can take it off but you'll have the two holes in the facia.
someone on the forum (cant remember who) removed the bracket and got some plastic "plugs". and painted them. they did the job really well. almost invisible.
i will try to search.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Pontiac GTO said:
But really why would any pontiac dealer put a font licence plate on a GTO? Shame on them!
some states it is MANDATORY or should i say "mandatory", so i guess the dealers figure that they are just doing you a favor. :banghead:

·
Registered
392 Posts
kpanza, Becareful... on my GTO there are 3 pot revits... There are 2-3 screws that hold the plate on the bracket... You will leave some holes in the bumper!!! Ca, requires front plate... It seems to be how busy the cops are in the area...Cos

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Thankfully the guys at my dealer weren't able to find the mounting kit in the glovebox so my LP holder is not permanently mounted. After reading this board the first couple of days I had my car I saw how a member had mounted the LP holder with zip ties, so I did the same. Works great and no holes. I also purchased shorter screws (1/2 inch I think) than came with the kit as the stock ones were long enough to reach through the holder to the paint (would cause scratches).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts