LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mr. Nice Guy
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive noticed some of you have the lip on your front bumper,just wondering if that mounts to our factory bumper, and how does it mount. Good setup would ya say or not. ALso what is it made out of. And promise the last question is where can i purchase it if i choose to go ahead with it. Thanks and sorry for 19449 questions

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
If you are talking about the SAP front piece that is on my car in my sig. You can buy one from Fred Beans, or DMS. Both are on the sponcer list to your left. I bought mine from DMS.

These originally just were taped on with double sided 3M stick tape. There is now a bolt kit to get this lip to be snugly fit to the bumper. I waited till this kit was avalible.

I love the look of my car with this lip. Gotten alot of comments, and questions. Also got two trophies to show off as well.

BTW this is just an additional piece that is mounted to your factory bumper cover.

·
1 of 262
10,335 Posts
NMA2006GTO said:
hey guys ive noticed some of you have the lip on your front bumper,just wondering if that mounts to our factory bumper, and how does it mount. Good setup would ya say or not. ALso what is it made out of. And promise the last question is where can i purchase it if i choose to go ahead with it. Thanks and sorry for 19449 questions
Do you mean this?: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92668

·
Owns 3 GTO's
16,515 Posts
Oh well.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I really like the look of the splitter. I had one on another car and it noticeably improved stability at speeds over 70mph but the design wasn't so flat. My only concern about the new GTO splitter is that I haven't been able to determine how flat it mounts. If it points up even slightly, it could create lift and be pretty scary at high speeds. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

·
Mr. Nice Guy
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
anyone?? im talking about the lip on the bottom of the bumper painted same color as the bumper itself......is it add on or thewhole bumper thanks

·
\/ Chloe is my girlfriend \/
152 Posts

·
Premium Member
82,628 Posts
:shiner:
BOTLFED98 said:
the jay leno chin!
Hey I represent that remark!!:drink:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
deton8r said:
I really like the look of the splitter. I had one on another car and it noticeably improved stability at speeds over 70mph but the design wasn't so flat. My only concern about the new GTO splitter is that I haven't been able to determine how flat it mounts. If it points up even slightly, it could create lift and be pretty scary at high speeds. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid.

Thanks, the splitter does lay flat with the bumper. It rests on the flat underside of your bumper. You can get down under your car and look. If necessary due to rake of car you can tweak it slightly. It is very stable with its mount locations.

·
Under Construction
731 Posts
05GoatinIndy said:
:shiner:
Hey I represent that remark!!:drink:
Me too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts