LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm attempting to restitch my front seats splitting seam and i have everything off but can't seem to get the clips off that hold the headrest on. I did some searching and couldn't find anything. Anyone know how to do this?

·
Unleaded Regular Member
1,903 Posts
The clips have to be accessed by reaching up through the back.

·
Unleaded Regular Member
1,903 Posts
Yes, but they are long and have recessed clips. that have to be pushed from underneath. You do have the headrest off , right?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm attempting to restitch my front seats splitting seam and i have everything off but can't seem to get the clips off that hold the headrest on. I did some searching and couldn't find anything. Anyone know how to do this?
I dont know if the 2004 front seats are different than the 2006 but I just went and did this on mine earlier this summer.

The rear seat headrest brackets come out by pinching the brackets together from the rear as you lift them out.

For the fronts on my 2006 I had to take the top covers of the brackets off VERY carefully and there is a lock under them that you pinch from the top that allows you to pull them up. I wrapped a flat-head screwdriver in electrical tape to not damage the plastic. Four corners slightly lifted gently until it came up on each one.

Then you get to wrestle with the Seatbelt lever. Which is also easy.

·
Freedom Fighter
764 Posts
I dont know if the 2004 front seats are different than the 2006 but I just went and did this on mine earlier this summer.

The rear seat headrest brackets come out by pinching the brackets together from the rear as you lift them out.

For the fronts on my 2006 I had to take the top covers of the brackets off VERY carefully and there is a lock under them that you pinch from the top that allows you to pull them up. I wrapped a flat-head screwdriver in electrical tape to not damage the plastic. Four corners slightly lifted gently until it came up on each one.

Then you get to wrestle with the Seatbelt lever. Which is also easy.
Great call neo. I had to dig deeper down into the foam than I thought, but not too far. See attached. So the front ones do come off very easily. Just took me a while to find their tab.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts