LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having any problems with the front pass. side tire rubbing in the front of the wheel well? My car is all stock. Any ideas why?

Dave

·
Registered
115 Posts
FLORIT had an old post about his stock front tire rubbing the strut.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Here's the thread.

http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3111&highlight=strut

I rotated my tires yesterday and noticed the same thing. The rubbing is minor IMO but still there. MY question is how are people getting bigger tires on the front!?!? Is the offset for the new wheels pushing the tires away from the struts? and if so how's the clearance on the fender?
I'm going to need :wall: :burnout: new tires this spring and I'm trying to get the biggest that will fit. A lot of tire threads here but I still have questions.

·
I hack cars.
8,111 Posts
I put 3/16" spacers on the front. The right front was rubbing a hell of a lot more like 250% more than the left front.

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
1,211 Posts
GTPprix said:
I put 3/16" spacers on the front. The right front was rubbing a hell of a lot more like 250% more than the left front.
:wall: where did you get the spacers for this car? Figure if I get the spring kit the spacers are gonna be a must. I too have the rubbing on the stock set up and it drives me kinda batty.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I am looking for spacers as well. I did some research and they are very wheel specific. They rely on the wheel hub for alignment as well as the spindle. If you don't get the right spacer wobble wobble wobble....

Hopefully someone has the brand and purchase location out there.

GranTurismoOmologato

·
Registered
77 Posts
Spacers?

GTPprix said:
Did you use generic spacers, or hub-centric spacers?

I am looking at a set of BMW wheels, moany of them are 17 x 8 with either a 38 or 41 mm offset. Only thing is I will need adapters to go from the 67mm hub on the GTO to the 72-ish mm hubs on the BMW wheels

1 - 7 of 7 Posts