LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was backing out of the spot at work today I heard some bad noises and when I got out my front bumper had been pulled away from the wheel wells. One of the screws is missing and the top screw cut through the hole to the edge of the plastic. I got everything back into place ok except for the right side sticking out a little bit. I noticed as I turned the steering wheel I could see the body moving but couldn't see exactly that the tires were hitting something. Later on I got home and noticed that this piece in the picture looks very close to my tires. It looks like a plastic round piece maybe 6 inches in diameter with the coils coming up from it towards the fender. Is this part of the suspension or is this something that might have been put on during shipping the car? Sorry if I'm being dumb here :) I plan on going to the dealer in the morning to have the piece fixed where the screws came out and ripped through the body.

·
Former Goatherder
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Apparently I had hit one of the concrete parking things and it caught a piece of the body and it pulled apart when I backed up. I thought everything was back in place but something was still back too far and hitting the tires. At least it wasn't something wrong with the suspension.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
I hate those concrete parking things. The very bottom of my front spoiler has terrible "road rash" because of one of those and because of the concrete entry ramp at a local gas stop. I only had to scrape them once to learn their perils, but the damage was done. :(

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
It's not just those concrete car stops but sidewalks and curbs. I went to UNO's, parked and looked at the front of the car. There was 1/2 inch of space between the car and the curb - if that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts