LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know what kind of tweeters are in the front dash and more importantly how to replace them? i'd like a little more tweet and imaging in the system. if you have to pull the dash i guess they're staying.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
I'm thinking of an Audax TW74 (TW54?) or one of its physical variants. It's tiny, sails out forever, and is very rugged and inexpensive. The grills should pop right out.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i donno. i looked at those grills really closely and i'm afraid to just pry on them. i wonder if anyone else has gotten them off?

·
Goatless
565 Posts
Help getting at the front tweeters

It looks to me like the dash has to come apart to get at them. I've got a set of Infinity reference series for the door and the dash.

Anyone know how to get at the tweeters? Jodi???

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well they're just the cheap Korean speakers as all the others. The factory tweeter is sitting in the corner of the dash/windshield, angled into the center of the car. Big problem, there is obstructions in it's path. That's why there is so little sound/imaging from this set-up. It is a major pain just unplugging the tweeters with just the defrost grills removed. I relocated my new tweeters to a much better imaging location. There's a thread about subs where Blitzu shows a great pictorial about front tweeter access(btw, thanks alot Blitzu!).

·
Registered
318 Posts
Here's apic of my new tweeter location. Sound stage/imaging is awesome. I'm having some ground-loop and a defective amp problem. I should have it resolved by this weekend.

·
Goatless
565 Posts
Thanx :)

Thanks both to Jodi and Blitzu. I got new speakers in the doors and in the rear panels. I put the new tweeters in the original location and they sound decent. At least you can hear them now; I couldn't even tell the factory tweeters were working.
I'll have someone install my 4 channel amp soon, and I'm still debating what to do about my sub amp and subs. I hate to lose any of the precious trunk space, so I'll probably wait until I hear about someone having success putting subs in or near the stock location.

Thanks again :hail:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts