LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Evo 9 FTW!!!
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So here is the plan.. i would like to sell my Vortech kit to someone LOCAL..

And here is what i would like to do.. the vortech involves a lot of cutting and trimming of stuff and adding hose etc.

my car has all that done. so who ever buys the vortech.. we could take all the stuff off my car needed for the install and replace it with the stock stuff from the buyers car.. That would make install on the buyers car 1000x easier!!!! and i would be able to put mine back to stock fairly easy!!!:)

Vortech kit is smog "LEGAL" for cali

so

$3000 for the full kit minus fuel pump.. and plus the stock parts from the buyer for my car.

any questions ask away!! buyer needs to be somewhat local

sold!

·
Stand Back - I Spray!
693 Posts
Wow......that's pretty tempting.....somebody is gonna get hooked up like a MoFo!

·
Exclusive
1,323 Posts
Hey if you need an extra hand to help out, let me know. Good luck with the sale! Someone better make that decision fast, cuz its gonna go fast.

·
Registered
536 Posts
damnit! Wish I could swing the 3 g's!
Paul

·
The Ghost & the Darkness
2,273 Posts
I would but I've settled on a 383 stroker no later than mid-December.

·
18,208 Posts
Ah ha, so you decided :)

So, this wouldn't work on a 2005-06? I guess even if it did, some of the stock parts (from the donor vehicle) wouldn't work, anyhow. I mean, what makes it 2004-specific, I wonder?

·
not an ordinary rabbit
1,154 Posts
JNR said:
Ah ha, so you decided :)

So, this wouldn't work on a 2005-06? I guess even if it did, some of the stock parts (from the donor vehicle) wouldn't work, anyhow. I mean, what makes it 2004-specific, I wonder?
an ls1 one, :turbonaug so like .3 liters

·
18,208 Posts
Oh, so we don't 'need' the extra push of air then? LOL, j/k :D

I know there's a difference in the engine (LS1/LS2), but was wondering what makes this kit only specific for the LS1 and why it wouldn't work on an LS2...is there electronics involved? Seems like it would bolt up mechanically (unlike headers/heads, etc.)...

[edit - Here's their website page on the GTO; seems they only list a 2004 MY application...either they got lazy, lol, or ?

·
not an ordinary rabbit
1,154 Posts
JNR said:
Oh, so we don't 'need' the extra push of air then? LOL, j/k :D

I know there's a difference in the engine (LS1/LS2), but was wondering what makes this kit only specific for the LS1 and why it wouldn't work on an LS2...is there electronics involved? Seems like it would bolt up mechanically (unlike headers/heads, etc.)...

[edit - Here's their website page on the GTO; seems they only list a 2004 MY application...either they got lazy, lol, or ?

It should work on an ls2... like I said the only differnce is .3 liters :turbonaug. Compression in the engine and other little things which all can be tuned

·
Registered
205 Posts
I believe the difference is in the routing of the pipes and stuff. I know that on the 05's I have seen, the have a different cooler than the one in the picture. There is on 05 kit for Sale in the parts for sale section right now and he has a pic. Check it out and you can see some diffs.

·
18,208 Posts
I would *think* it could work on the 2005-06 with some modification (maybe to the cooler, as mentioned) and such, but that may cause a problem with trying to use the 'stock' parts to swap on his ride...

damn you :D I wish I had $3k to find this out right now, he he...

[edit - I checked out the 05 setup for sale...you're right, it is different...the compressor (SC unit) outlet is different and it seems the 05+ model doesn't make you relocate your overflow (maybe that's not what that container is?)...perhaps they just revised the layout a little better thru experience? It seems on the 2004 model, the outlet pipe to intercooler slightly rubs on the hood, for instance...]

Another thing I noticed is no MAF on the 04? Excuse the ignorance, but did the LS1 use speed density and the LS2 MAS?

I wish I could experiment though...I'm sure we could get it to work on the 06 :)

·
Evo 9 FTW!!!
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
JNR said:
I would *think* it could work on the 2005-06 with some modification (maybe to the cooler, as mentioned) and such, but that may cause a problem with trying to use the 'stock' parts to swap on his ride...

damn you :D I wish I had $3k to find this out right now, he he...

[edit - I checked out the 05 setup for sale...you're right, it is different...the compressor (SC unit) outlet is different and it seems the 05+ model doesn't make you relocate your overflow (maybe that's not what that container is?)...perhaps they just revised the layout a little better thru experience? It seems on the 2004 model, the outlet pipe to intercooler slightly rubs on the hood, for instance...]

Another thing I noticed is no MAF on the 04? Excuse the ignorance, but did the LS1 use speed density and the LS2 MAS?

I wish I could experiment though...I'm sure we could get it to work on the 06 :)
no mine does have a maf, it is below the blower. not in stream. im sure you could get it to work.. but i dont think it would be any fun:bomb: and and 05 06 doesnt have some stuff i need to put back on my car.

·
yelling nonsense from balcony
291 Posts
Dammit.I can get a wicked deal on a 6-71 blown SBC right now, so unfortunately can't spend no $ on the goat.
Free bump.

·
18,208 Posts
yellow04 said:
no mine does have a maf, it is below the blower. not in stream. im sure you could get it to work.. but i dont think it would be any fun:bomb: and and 05 06 doesnt have some stuff i need to put back on my car.
Yeah, the stars won't be aligning on this one for me, lol :)

Just wondering what kind of stock parts are you looking for? Wonder if it would be possible to source the stuff you need (ebay?), take apart your car, put the stock stuff back, then sell the supercharger assembly as a whole...This way, you can offer it to a more broad audience (shipping)...I know, a hassle, but just another option. (I like your plan, though, and if I had an 04, I'm sure I could find a way, he he)

Good luck at any rate...

·
Evo 9 FTW!!!
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JNR said:
Yeah, the stars won't be aligning on this one for me, lol :)

Just wondering what kind of stock parts are you looking for? Wonder if it would be possible to source the stuff you need (ebay?), take apart your car, put the stock stuff back, then sell the supercharger assembly as a whole...This way, you can offer it to a more broad audience (shipping)...I know, a hassle, but just another option. (I like your plan, though, and if I had an 04, I'm sure I could find a way, he he)

Good luck at any rate...

ya that will def. be the plan if i cant sell it to a local 04 owner.. we will see.:)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts