LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have owned the GTO for 9 years. It has 54k miles. I am the third owner. It has always been garaged during that time.

The tires only have 2500 miles on them. Everything works and is in good condition. The only negative is that it needs the tint removed or replaced. It has an aftermarket radio that blends in to the interior. I have the original radio. The wheels are aftermarket 18". The one wheel has a scrape on it. I do not have the original wheels. All of the typical GTO issues have been addressed. It has a Vararam intake, Kooks LT headers, high flow cats, and a magnaflow exhaust. The car was tuned by Complete Street performance in West Chester, PA. It dynoed at 380hp at the rear wheels. The suspension has been upgraded where needed. There is a MGW short shifter. Much of the work was done by Walt the Wrench. I'm sure there are other upgrades that I haven't listed. I have all receipts and records for the last 9 years. No accidents.

I am selling to purchase a truck. Title in hand. Zip code 19525. $17,250, email [email protected] dot com

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I've not had much interest. Any guesses? Is the pricing wrong? Bad time of year? Economy? All the above??

·
Registered
931 Posts
There was talk about values going up and the way classic cars been going I believed it. You wouldn’t think we were in a pandemic the way things have been selling.
Where else are you advertising?

I’d assume you did but did you check the current GTO market and price accordingly?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There was talk about values going up and the way classic cars been going I believed it. You wouldn’t think we were in a pandemic the way things have been selling.
Where else are you advertising?

I’d assume you did but did you check the current GTO market and price accordingly?

I posted it on Cars.com, cargurus.com and craigslist. The car value websites were all over the place with values. Looking at cars for sale online, I saw very low mileage cars for $22k plus and higher mileage cars for $12-$15k. So, I put my price in the middle.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Might have to wait for the next stimulus check(if any) or tax season to get bites.
Hate to say it but you might be at the very optimistic end. If you need a truck soon then adjust price or wait for that guy or gal who’s wants specifically what you have.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input. I don't need a truck. Just want one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'll chime in as someone who is casually looking...

• Post more pics. You mention the radio blending in but no pics of it. Any pics of the underside?
  • What suspension parts were replaced?
  • What typical GTO issues where addressed?
  • Post a pic of the dyno
  • Lastly, and I hate to say this, but your price is on the high side. I would expect a near fully built GTO for that. That said, IDK what would be fair market value.

·
Seriously?
1,586 Posts
I'll chime in as someone who is casually looking...

• Post more pics. You mention the radio blending in but no pics of it. Any pics of the underside?
  • What suspension parts were replaced?
  • What typical GTO issues where addressed?
  • Post a pic of the dyno
  • Lastly, and I hate to say this, but your price is on the high side. I would expect a near fully built GTO for that. That said, IDK what would be fair market value.
I agree on the details... more details about the car would go a long way in sparking interest. As a person that is always looking at cars, the more info that is available for me to look at, along with a reasonable price, it will grab my attention and keep it.

As far as the price goes, I think it is reasonable... not a bargain but not a ripoff either.

Seller - Gonna have to sit back and be patient. Your market is going to be people that know a little something about this car, as it was only made for 3 years and less than half are in existence as of this year. Modifications can be a slippery slope so I will say to each his or her own on that one. The closer to stock, the higher the price, given the condition and mileage. One thing is for sure, prices on these GTOs have gone up in the last few years.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks again for your input! Here are a bunch of pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The blue is before tuning and red is after.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
As far as GTO issues, I've protected the BCM wires behind the glovebox, added SS braided fuel line, added Billet prototypes oil catch can, cleaned out rocker trim drains, replaced drive shaft stock (rubber bushing was torn), new pedders rear springs, new radius rod bushings, new strut mount bushings, differential insert, cross member bushings, billet prototypes hub centric wheel rings, MGW-P short shifter, new radio, tweeters, door speakers, fixed ignition cylinder assembly, and new ECM. Door handles aren't peeling, and head rests have not split. All maintenance has been done.

·
Seriously?
1,586 Posts
Sounds like a solid, well cared for GTO. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts