LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm trying to wire a glowshift oil pressure gauge I got in a kit from gtog8ta.com and in their install video they get a constant 12v, ignition 12v and 12v switched headlamp source from the fuel door button. Does anyone know which is which wire on that connector? Also looking for a good ground in the interior. Connector in question is at the 3:12 mark in this video:

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Saw that thread but the links in the first post are dead so not super helpful and couldn't tell for sure from the pics further down

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
Unplug said connector from the release button...hook a test light up to a known good ground and probe the ends. One will be on all the time, one will light up with the key on, and the third will light up when you turn on the headlamps. That's quicker than googling the appropriate wiring diagram.

As for a good ground, there are some up on the upper dash, but there are a bunch of metal points directly below the radio. Take off the side panel along the middle console by taking the 2 screws out from the glove compartment jam area, and you'll see some metal brackets that hold the dash down.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Worked perfectly thanks. And just FYI the constant 12v is on the top, second from the left and headlamp switch 12v is bottom left.

·
Powdercoat all of it
105 Posts
Bump, I'm installing an AFR and Oil PSI gauge with the Glowshift pod, and it seems all the links I've found so far on the wiring side are dead, including the SCSS above. I've routed all the wiring in loom down to the cluster, just need some info on the switch wiring colors.

But on a side note, the picture Jontall posted on another thread is nice for identifying circuit names. Does anyone have a list of wire colors or a diagram for the car as a whole? Or even just the body side?

·
Powdercoat all of it
105 Posts
Circling back, my install is complete. The fuel door + is always hot, so that's not what you need. The wires on the fuel door switch are as follows: Black/Green is ground, Purple/White is 12V constant, Brown (or Brown/White, can't remember) is Dimmer + and Grey is the back side of the dimmer. I used the ground on the fuel door (Black/Green), the dimmer + from the same switch (Brown/White) and the switched + on the light switch (Blue/Red). The gauges all work as expected with a wideband controller on the same circuit. Pretty disappointing that no one ever just wrote that down, hope it saves someone some time in the future.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The point of this thread originally was to find the correct wiring for Glowshift brand gauges which do require 12V Constant hot to operate correctly unlike the ones you installed as there are countless places in the dash to get both ground and switched 12V from but not so many to get constant. Glad you were able to find the info you needed.

·
Powdercoat all of it
105 Posts
The point of this thread originally was to find the correct wiring for Glowshift brand gauges which do require 12V Constant hot to operate correctly unlike the ones you installed as there are countless places in the dash to get both ground and switched 12V from but not so many to get constant. Glad you were able to find the info you needed.
That's fair, but I don't see how the Glowshift gauges shut off when the car is off if they don't have a switched 12V wire connection. Either way, to provide additional details, I have Speedhut gauges, not the Glowshifts. Also worth mentioning is they're awesome!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Funny you mention it as I swapped mine out for Speedhut gauges too (Which did require rewiring). Love the stock style way they look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts