LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004, Pontiac GTO
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I need your opinion on what this stuff is on this hose and in it. And where can I get a replacement? I've already checked Rockauto and they do not have it. This is the hose that is inside the plastic tank cover and goes from the fuel pump exterior hat to underneath the fuel tank. I am upgrading my fuel pump. When I unplugged this hose this red grease looking stuff was inside of it. I've never seen that before on a fuel hose. And one of the teeth of the clips fell out. I have suspicious that someone has been in here before me. But not sure because the car had a factory pump and disgusting filter. So I'm not sure if they just got to this hose then stopped because they broke it, or what.

Attachments

·
Worthless reject member
39,242 Posts
IIRC that hose goes to the charcoal canister. Not sure if the part is NLA or what. as far as grease, a smear of silicone grease like dialectric to protect the o-ring from damage has always worked for me. i have heard of people using a very small amount of motor oil as well.

he probably used something like lucas redntacky or cv-2 or some crap, and way too much of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts