LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the heat radiates from the engine, do the fuel rail covers trap the hot air?

Would it be better to take the fuel rail covers off?

·
Snagging your fish!!!
157 Posts
Personally, I don't see how the fuel rail covers should trap "that much heat", I guess if you can remove any "obstruction", and let cool air get into that part or place, it would help performance wize.

·
Disaster
339 Posts
I dont think it would serve any significant purpose. When you are moving, fresh air is being circulated though there keeping temps down. Just like the whole situation with the CAI enclosure - the enclosure wont make a big difference when driving b/c of the fresh air constantly circulating. CMNT talked about this in one thread.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Nothing to be enhanced by removing them. The amount of heat they trap would be negligable, especially once the car is moving.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Dudes (and Dudettes), you should see the amount of heat that escapes through the louvers in my carbon fiber hood. Makes me damn glad to have it. To think all that heat is trapped under the stock hood... (shudder.) One downside, though... at high speed (120 MPH) the carbon fiber hood sounds like it's going to shake off the hinges. The heavier, more secure stock hood wouldn't make a sound.

Anyway, there's definitely a lot of heat under the hood.

·
13 year owner
16,384 Posts
Are you sure that's not merely surface temperature of the hood itself? Even on a cloudy day if it is still a high SPF day, surface heat on the hood can give that effect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts