LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I plan on doing a twin turbo setup. But I need to get the fuel system in order.
I have read that a 8.1L bowl, 225 Walboro, and Lingenfelter 48 lb injectors would be a great setup.
What I don't know is how I run the car before it is tuned. If I just bolt up the fuel pump and injectors, how do I get it to the tuner? Won't it just flood?
If I just swap the pump and bowl, will the system be pumping too much fuel. I know it is a returnless setup, so the pump just holds constant pressure in the rails. Will it still operate the same way with the larger pump before I get it tuned?

What do I need to know, how do I go about swapping the fuel system out, and is what I listed above a proper setup for a turbo'd car running 5-8 psi?

Thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?
How do I drive a car with bigger injectors and fuel pump to a dyno before it is tuned?
Am I missing something?

·
Old Guys Rule
3,076 Posts
You can do the 8.1L bucket and pump mod withou affecting driveability. unless you have a way to flash the computer with fuel injector info. I would wait to install the injectors until you arrive at the tuner shop. Injector swap should not take any longer than 30 minutes assuming you have never done them before......just my ..02

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so larger pump and bucket will have no effect, just give more headroom. Awesome!
And all I have to do is put the injectors in at time of tune.
It's this returnless stuff that gets me a bit. I have no problems with return style stuff.
Anyway, thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts