LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I am new to the page and working on GTO's. I have an 04 Barbados blue M6 and want to replace all the front and rear suspension and bushings.

I've been reading and YouTubing to figure out what is all I need to order but it can kinda get confusing.

I was thinking about the Gforce VZ rear coilover kit (GTO VZ Rear Coilover Kit) and toe rods (GTO VZ Heavy Duty Adjustable Toe Rods, LH and RH), and anti hop cv axles (04-06 GTO Driveshaft Shop Anti Wheel Hop Axles: GTOG8TA.COM - Late Model Pontiac Performance and Restoration Parts - Home) for the rear. For the front, I was going to get the Whiteline control arms (04-06 GTO Front Lower Control Arms: GTOG8TA.COM - Late Model Pontiac Performance and Restoration Parts - Home) to alleviate some of the headache on the front bushings. I was thinking about taking the cradle out as well to hit everything and maybe even welding those Gforce cradle boxes (GTO VZ Rear Cradle Boxes- Welded) on for the camber if I want to lower the car. I know I will have to get a cradle alignment tool for that which seem way overpriced. Other than that, Im kind of lost. Not really sure what front end suspension parts would complement the Gforce rear coilovers and if there is a kit out there for all the bushings I will need that those kits don't have? Also if there is some parts that are great to replace while doing all this work anyway?

Any and all advice will be very appreciated!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hello everyone! I am new to the page and working on GTO's. I have an 04 Barbados blue M6 and want to replace all the front and rear suspension and bushings.

I've been reading and YouTubing to figure out what is all I need to order but it can kinda get confusing.

I was thinking about the Gforce VZ rear coilover kit (GTO VZ Rear Coilover Kit) and toe rods (GTO VZ Heavy Duty Adjustable Toe Rods, LH and RH), and anti hop cv axles (04-06 GTO Driveshaft Shop Anti Wheel Hop Axles: GTOG8TA.COM - Late Model Pontiac Performance and Restoration Parts - Home) for the rear. For the front, I was going to get the Whiteline control arms (04-06 GTO Front Lower Control Arms: GTOG8TA.COM - Late Model Pontiac Performance and Restoration Parts - Home) to alleviate some of the headache on the front bushings. I was thinking about taking the cradle out as well to hit everything and maybe even welding those Gforce cradle boxes (GTO VZ Rear Cradle Boxes- Welded) on for the camber if I want to lower the car. I know I will have to get a cradle alignment tool for that which seem way overpriced. Other than that, Im kind of lost. Not really sure what front end suspension parts would complement the Gforce rear coilovers and if there is a kit out there for all the bushings I will need that those kits don't have? Also if there is some parts that are great to replace while doing all this work anyway?

Any and all advice will be very appreciated!
Unless you are going full out racing, the car is totaled, you plan on a 1000hp street motor or just want to brag about parts you don't need 90% of that stuff, save your money, lie your ass off. There is no bushing kit that is "complete", a lot of them say so but are far from it, you need a "complete" kit then figure out the rest that will have to be pieced in and some can be had in different configurations. There are 33 bushings if you really want to do it all, do that, get a good set of shocks/struts and camber bushings/strut bolts. If you want the list of bushings PM me.

·
Worthless reject member
40,185 Posts
stating your goals would be the first thing. the GForce1320 rear coilover kit is mainly for people who want to run wider rear tires in conjunction with a minitub and rear control arm notching.

there are a lot of nice suspension options out there. if you want improved ride and handling, BC still makes a good coilover setup. If you are drag racing running a 275 or less width tire, you can get qa1 dual adjustable rear shocks stiffer rear spring and can do the mustang front coilover setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking to just get my car back up to speed with some nicer suspension parts, after sitting for ten years, to get some better performance and handling (and stopping that damn wheel hop). Everything I've read says you need to do bushings as well. Thanks for the input guys! I think I'll go with a less expensive set! Any more knowledge or parts a GTO thats sat awhile needs (suspension wise) besides the bushings and shock struts?

·
Worthless reject member
40,185 Posts
you might consider front and rear springs, definitely polyurethane or polyelast strut mount bushings, and polyurethane radius rod castors. the moog front tie rod ends are a plus, too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is what I have put together, decent start?

Pedders Coilovers 2004-06 GTO
Pedders Caster Adjustable Radius Rod Bushings
Pedders Diff Insert
Pedders Subrame Bushing
Whiteline Control Arms
Whiteline Inner Control Arm Bushing
Whiteline Outer Rear Caster Adjuster
Whiteline Rear Swar Bar endlinks
Whiteline Front Sway Bar D Bushings
Whiteline Rear Sway Bar D Bushing
Pedders Tie Rods
Pedders Front Hub & Bearing Assembly 2004-2006 GTO
Pedders Front Hub & Bearing Assembly 2004-2006 GTO

·
Is that FWD?
1,077 Posts
I ordered this full set.

I also ordered whiteline F&R RADIUS ROD BUSHINGS and rear diff insert as they are not included in kit from above.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Call Andy at kollar Racing I’m florida. He is the man when it comes to all the suspension parts. I did all my bushings sway bars and new struts it was a completely different car. He is a sponsor he even answered my questions on a Sunday. Try to find that service not very often you get that. He was so good to me I always look to see if he carries anything I need first

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice list so far. I'd suggest Hotchkis Hollow F/R Sway Bars, as well. I had them on both my Goats, they are a proven performer. From the Hotchkis Website:

Testing Data

600 ft. Slalom --> Stock Best MPH 62.45 Hotchkis Sway Bars Best MPH 66.02
Driver Notes: The car exhibited much less body roll than stock and was much easier to drive at higher speeds. Improvement was over 3 MPH. The car exhibited much better steering response over stock form.

Skid Pad
--> Stock .799g Hotchkis Sway Bars .850g
Testing Notes: Suspension completely stock except for upgraded Hotchkis Sway Bars.

Applications: 2004 2005 2006 Pontiac GTO

1587178236754.png

·
Registered
17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
On top of that, they prolly used the 17's combo with 245's, not the 18's with Summer Tires, but not certain

1 - 13 of 13 Posts