LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the goat some nice shades today.

20% tint throughout. Decided not to get the front strip. Looks good on silver.

·
The GTO Devil...
1,572 Posts
That is illegal in my state. I think. Anyone know the tint laws in NJ ? You would be getting pulled over by every cop in Jersey. Looks good though-

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My Camaro has 5% throughout----limo tint. I drive side by side next to cops all the time. Seems like every truck out here has limo tint. Most police cars have very dark tint as well. It seems even though 35% is considered legal for the front, it is not really enforced because it is so damned hot! You could still feel your arm burning even with dark tint. I already felt a difference with the AC not working as hard to keep me cool.

The pics make them look darker but 20% is not dark at all when you are in AZ.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Shinzon said:
That is illegal in my state. I think. Anyone know the tint laws in NJ ? You would be getting pulled over by every cop in Jersey. Looks good though-

jersey... is what ever you want anywere except for front two windows (none allowed) and nothing in front windshield

·
Got V8
241 Posts
Looks good. I just got mine done last week did all of them in 5%, of coarse not the front,lol.

But ya I have had all my cars and trucks tinted as dark as possible and have never got a ticket from it.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I think it looks better with the tints. Saw two quicksilver gto's last night and they look nice. You just can't just colors by the picture as well as seeing then in person.

·
Comp Eliminator Goat Driver
2,345 Posts
Same tint (20%) on another Quicksilver Goat here, Desertgoat. Did mine a month ago, really like the looks.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i got mine (as the sig. says) 15% rears and 55% fronts. in michigan in the back anything is legal. the front sides are suposed to be only the top 4" but like everywhere else i see lots of vehicles (esp. SUVs) running around with full tints. the guy at the tint shop looked at the goat and said there's really no tint on them stock. cops are mainly interested if they can see in the car so the 55%, especially in contrast with the 15% backs, don't really look that tinted.

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have no idea what this reasoning is about "cops need to see what is in the car".

The last time I got pulled over was almost 5 years ago. The first thing I do is to power down both windows and puth my hands on both steering wheels. So even if the windows are coated with molasses and sprinkled with chicken feathers, it really doesn't matter at that point.

They are pretty lax in AZ. Come drive in 115 degree heat in the middle of JUly and you will know what I mean. The tinting shops are booked out the ying yang. It took me 2.5 weeks to get an appointment.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
you have to change your signature picture now. i still really like the GTO badge

1 - 12 of 12 Posts