LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Haha, that is only true for some Civic owners. Mine looks 95% stock. (It is lowered 1.4" and has an aftermarket exhaust that I really dislike but it was necessary when it was supercharged.) Needless to say, the stock looks, stock wheels and stock interior minus the 5 Autometer gauges in custom locations didnt really make it stand out much. Though the whirr of a Vortech V-5 SQ G-trim supercharger under the hood did generaly attact attention. Needless to say, on the track it ran a best of 12.3 @ 116mph on 15psi peak boost, I never ran it after moving it up to 18psi peak. Though I know it was a good deal faster, I have no doubt in the high 11's. On the street it wasnt quick off the line due to traction limitations, even with a locking LSD. At highway speed it was deadly however as many new Cobra, Camaro and even a few exotics found out the hard way. Needless to say, I stripped it, sold all the goodies and put it back to stock minus a few things I couldnt replace yet. It is once again slow, I dread driving it.

Of course next up to bat is the 05 GTO I hope to purchase once I sell the Si and finish banking some cash between now and the time I order the GTO.

The video is funny and so true none the less... :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
CSiJason said:
Haha, that is only true for some Civic owners. Mine looks 95% stock. (It is lowered 1.4" and has an aftermarket exhaust that I really dislike but it was necessary when it was supercharged.) Needless to say, the stock looks, stock wheels and stock interior minus the 5 Autometer gauges in custom locations didnt really make it stand out much. Though the whirr of a Vortech V-5 SQ G-trim supercharger under the hood did generaly attact attention. Needless to say, on the track it ran a best of 12.3 @ 116mph on 15psi peak boost, I never ran it after moving it up to 18psi peak. Though I know it was a good deal faster, I have no doubt in the high 11's. On the street it wasnt quick off the line due to traction limitations, even with a locking LSD. At highway speed it was deadly however as many new Cobra, Camaro and even a few exotics found out the hard way. Needless to say, I stripped it, sold all the goodies and put it back to stock minus a few things I couldnt replace yet. It is once again slow, I dread driving it.

Of course next up to bat is the 05 GTO I hope to purchase once I sell the Si and finish banking some cash between now and the time I order the GTO.

The video is funny and so true none the less... :p
I hear ya. I am in the same boat as you more or less. Though I never supercharged my car and I do not plan on selling it. I am going from the Probe in my signature to an 05' with any luck. Hope to purchase in february. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts